A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

my thoughts...

1) Flash multiuser server. It's time to have a standard.
    2) gradient masking
    3) dynamic addition of graphics and sound. We shouldn't have to shell out $30k on generator for such a simple thing
    4)collaboration features: why not a draggable window with the effect of net meeting: people can talk about the project, and could even whiteboard on the same .fla file!
    5)SVG export/import. No reason not to but stubborn pride.
    6)basic beveling, shadowing, and glow parameters built in, but with a monitoring routine that will disable them if you abuse them
    7)improved synchronization of loops. why not a (extremely) scaled down version of sonic foundry's acid?
    8)dynamic compression of bitmaps and sounds based on viewer connection speed
    9) the ability to access movie dimensions as a property in actionscript
    10) a wizard that will optimize the bitmaps and sounds of a movie to reach a target filesize
    12) joystick support
    13) hit test methods based upon the actual shape, instead of the bounding box
    14) built in method to save text information on the client machine. If they can make postscript printing happen, they can do this.
    15) ability to programmatically create and manipulate lines and shapes
    16) ability to declare variable types upon import. It's a pain to have to use the split function on every stinking array I store in an external text file.
    17) linked movies should work just like linked files in HTML. if i make animated cartoons, and a viewer already has all my background clips on his hard drive from last week's cartoons, I should be able to access them using "load movie" without him having to download them again.

OK... enough venting. BTW, I'm quite pleased with the current flash incarnation and consider it much improved from vers. 4. but, there's always room for more improvement...

Oh my...

1) make the interface more like Flash4
    2) a variable check thing that updates while you play your game
    3) html inside flash, not flash inside html
    4) make the interface more like Flash4!!
    5) make it cheap to buy, so us kiddies can get the full, not the demo with a crack (not that i did, maybe )
    6) make the interface more like Flash4!! (uh did i just say that)
    7) full midi support, i want small files with music!!

flash is so cool, what would we do without it??

import videos

Able to import all video formats directly into flash.
    3D rendering added in
    text effects made on a click of a button like Swish

more - faster - open

*faster player - but not too heavy !
    *keep (and extend) the flash 5 interface
    *extend object control though actionscript:
    -splines with program controllable shape
    -more properties on sound
    -better 'objecthood' for mcs (functions in a mc == method )
    *regular expression functions in actionscript
    *easier way to import/export variables (i-e through an array or an object which could be a loadMovie parameter)
    *more html ;-)
    *and if you don't want to see anymore tellTarget, then you may get 'with' and dotted functions faster than telltarget (which seems still not to be so)
    *more events handlers (key release, dbl click, ... those little things that still have to be done by hand)
    *faster player - but a light one
    *more powerful color panel
    -a bigger gradient control
    -more color selection mode (HSB, RGB, by Brilliance, by hue circle, ... all those marvels that are free in the Gimp)
    *did I mention a faster player ? (small)
    *more FSCommand for the projectors
    *icon control for the projector
    *java-style classes ?
    *possibility to apply a transform to a shape (at least to its bounding box) the same way it is done for color. hey why not apply a spline to a shape's x or y axis ?
    *And please, to enable swf to be THE standard, make the swf 6 format an open format, MM keeping all control over its evolution, it would change the whole web.

oh and btw, don't bother about 3d, just enhance actual math functions, transparency and the stuff needed.

thanx MM for F5 anyway, it's awesome :-)
    [Edited by supersatori on 11-26-2000 at 08:17 PM]

I've got one... how about an advanced "trace bitmap" function, so the final vector is a perfect copy of the rasta? Now that would be cool.

I think that a lot of people are trying to save data on text files on their server
    why not have flash 6 be able to automaticlly do it for you, i mean, the xml is really hard to learn

It would be really cool if flash 6 could do that.

later guys

FLASH 6

HTML SUPPORT !!!!! (html in flash) not just flash in HTML
    Plugin compatable for expansion
    Built in effects like beveling, drop shadows, ETC...
    TEXT EFFECTS Automation.

Heck just move Fireworks into flash....
    And I agree more gradient options, would be great.

I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO bend my grandients. ( or maybe we already can and I just dont know how LOL) Not just bend the shape. but the gradient itself without moving the shape. I could really make some good 3d effects with this...

and of course 3d support.
    A SPELLING CHECKER.....!!!!! I CANT SPELL or at least I cant when I have a ton to type...

AND PLEASE TELL MACROMEDIA not to change the overall look and feel of flash 6 because we learn how to work with this version of flash and then they go and make it ALOT different like the difference between 4 and 5... So stick with the format PLEASE !!!!!!

Doug

i want to be able to export my actionscript code to BBEdit. i know you can do this now, but i have different code in about 50 different frames and 5 buttons on each frame (i am making a test) and i can only export one frame at a time and then edit one button at a time.

in the future, it would be neat if there was a way to export all code and it would be separated by some sort of delimiter (em dash?) for each frame. this way i could make certain changes one time using the grep features of BBEdit (powerful text editor on macs). right now, i have to export each frame, 1 at a time, and then make the change 50 different times and then i have to change the variable names on all 250 buttons. AAUUUGH!

1. full html support.
    2. i think it's nice if flash 6 can be use as like as delphi
    tool for object oriented programming
    3. flash 5 action script interface it's nice than flash 4.
    4. more security for ecommerce web site.
    5. integrated with generator (flash and generator become one).
    6. when we use load movie, so there is an option to load and
    cache or just load as new one.
    7. additional actionscript to browse file on client and upload
    to server like <input type="file"> on html.
    8. more later..

regards,
    ryan

FK's 2A 'Rip' Agent

Flash 6

A request that will probably cause some waves with the diehard action-scripters out there... But, Flash 6.0 needs a full Lingo implementation, like Director (but much more powerful than action-scripting). In addition, support for embedding Java Class files would be nice.

More ranting..

I think that they have dream weaver really headed in the right direction...

The whole ad-on pricipal is something that could really be used in flash.
    Where you could go to a web based forum and download third party ad-ons like text effects and things of that nature.
    but I really do like the flash 5 interface better than 4.
    im not sure why people are talking about going back to it I think this one makes a lot more sense. keep it and improve upon it.

scarab.

midi

supporting midi files

HELP>>>ACTIONSCRIPT DICTIONARY
    For starters.. please give me back the FLash 4 type of aligning symbols and graphics. The Flash 5 way always irks me when i have to use it and I use it a lot.

features

1. The ability(or at least option) to see a movieclip working when on the main stage. It just sits there on its first frame and sometimes its hard to time with other scene elements. That's not too much to ask for.

2. A perpective tool so that graphics can be tapered and distorted.

3. How about some bones like in Moho? They can bend and shape vectors and would be great for characters. It would replace morphing, because the morphing in Flash sucks right now. It really sucks.

4. Right click on a target in the target editor to see its labels. That way you won't have to stop what you're doing just to find out the label names in an MC.

5. Flash rules.

mike

Blue Haired Muppet

Re: features

Originally posted by adrencg

2. A perpective tool so that graphics can be tapered and distorted.
    thats a good one! (mine suggestion is some-what similar)

...i just thought of one more while I was making a water droplet in Flash.

the ability to make gradients curve and distort. So they can't just be straigt of squished.

Flash 6 Wish

Long time Director user here and I'd love to see the interface more like Director.... Especially when you import a bitmap or other object rather than have it go to the stage I'd like to see it in a cast... or library.... Also the ability to define a certain default length to improt graphics and such... In Director you can tell it to insert 20 frames londg or whatever.. and better handling of bitmaps... and, and , and...!!

flash 4 actionsscript interface sucks!

but what I think should be implemented in flash 6 is plug-in or something like that which is really able to do some good trecing of bitmaps and not the **** freehand does...

Free Transform on right click, or combine rotate and scale

-built in js methods / classes
    -realtime (during playback) 3D rendering, zbuffer, Gourad shading etc
    -Glide, OpenGL and/or DirectX in flashplayer
    -soundcontrol at lower level
    -shape2shape hittest
    -polygon2polygon hittest (as we speak of 3D dreams)

DamnGzM.
    [Edited by DamnGzM on 11-27-2000 at 04:06 AM]

Smile

being able to save files without flash 5 f*cking crashing all the time.