A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Literature for Web Design Services needed

Literature for Web Design Services needed

Hi,

Can anyone help me find on the net, some text about the life-cycle of making a website. Some companies have loads of jargon about how they recognise your companies needsetc... basically i need loads of text to put into a web design companies website. Maybe a flow chart, or storyboad of the process of web design... from beginning to end.

In a nutshell i need promotional literature of web design. And also for Multimedia CD ROMs...

I understand where you're coming from, but I really think the best route is to look at the actual process of the company that requires this site, and document what they do and have researched. Otherwise, you're just plagiarizing someone else's hard-earned copy. Not only that, but by using someone else's copy, you are misleading potential customers, and doing a disservice to yourself.

Ask your client to detail their process, etc.

If this is for your own website, then all of the above still applies.

Yeah.....Its not just jargon. There should be some validity behind it.

the (very basic) life cycle mirrors that of the software life cycle.

Heres a very rough idea of what would normally happen with a medium to large sized site:

analysis - What does the company do, what do they want, what are their goals and ultimate aims.
    feasibility study - sometimes part of the analysis stage, do the company actually need this? is it possible?
    design - site, db and data design. How will it be served, what hardware, software, server side language etc. rough draft of site.
    implementation - building the code, populating the db, creating graphical elements.
    maintenance and review - Reviewing and tweaking whats been done.

This is a very basic example, look up the software life cycle and use that, its very similar.

Bruce,

That's great! I'm actually doing an extended article on my blog about my development process... it's:

Explore
    Define
    Design
    Build
    Deploy

The first installment is online already, now I just need to get motivated to do the next one.

nice one Jay,

spelling mistake in the first paragraph mate - 'hihg-level'