A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how long will this project take?

how long will this project take?

how long u think it will take to create a 32 page publication layout for print if the content is already provided?

i'm thinking about going for this government bid and i want to base my cost on how long this project will take by hours or days....

thanx
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

J-luv...

I assemble a 12 page magazine for print each quarter that takes (not including content gathering) roughly 2 hours per page. This is with each page using a different, unique layout.

What I would recommend, though, is doing a sample for yourself of one or two pages and calculating the estimate based off of that.

Jay

hey thanks jay, i'll do that, do u think $50 per hour is a competitive rate? how much do u charge?
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Jay accepts payment in the form of eggs. So far he has amassed a million eggs or so but some are a bit rank lately and he's having to throw them out as he can't eat them fast enough.

probably...

Bruce,

Because I'm a miser, all my egg stash has rotted... I've moved on to more "non-perishable" currency, and am now only accepting shiny buttons.

J-luv,

I'm afraid my answer would be the same I give to anyone who asks, "how much should I charge for [blank]", and that would be to charge what you feel comfortable getting for the work. In the end, that's what really matters. Sorry to be so vague, but it's really a personal choice based on many factors. The thread I referenced earlier, and a search for my username and the word "charge" in this forum will give you some more insight on this.

Where do you bid for Government projects at?

Originally posted by Hellsbellboy
    Where do you bid for Government projects at?

http://www.governmentbids.com/

i just found another one in my state for a simple graphic design publication and they're offering 10k-49k for the most qualified company. if i can get these rolling i can eventually roll out of my 9 to 5!

that's pretty cool.. good luck

thanks!