A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: export speed

I just got Swift 3D yesterday and has been testing it. One thing really troubles me is that it's inconsistent export speed. I don't know what makes one scene take much longer than another. Some scenes can take very lillte time to export but others can take such long time it seems it's not doing anything even though they have even less edges and polygons. It can take a few seconds to process a frame for the first a few frames and then suddenly slows down so much I had to cancel it. And sometimes even the exactly same scene can take much much longer time to process. I had to cancel it when that happens so I don't know how long it actually takes. The diffence is at least about a few seconds versus several minutes per frame.

I use a 300PII with 160 RAM and 200MB harddisk space.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    I just spoke to John at erain just yesterday about this problem. They are working on it. What it is, is the program sometimes gets a bit confused as to which line is infront of the other and has a hard time redering. I know it gets to be a bit hard to sit and wait. I suggest you contact erain directly and send them the model to play with. The more feedback they get the better and sooner the product will be. Regards, Bill