A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Could Swift Help Me?

Could Swift Help Me?

I'm rather new to Flash itself only having just started the program in school but for our final assignment this year we had to create an interactive portfolio in Flash (MX 2004). My original idea was laid aside as learning to animate in Flash (not to mention the animation itself) would take longer then I intended so I did something else. I had wanted to animate my Muse (a white winged wolf) in the site and still wish to do that...someday.

Would swift be a good investment if I could animate such a character for my Flash Portfolio? And if not, any suggestions on where I could find good tutorials for animating in Flash itself or anouther program that would help me create and animate my Muse?

-WolfMage of Rerir

Welcome to Flashkit, Wolf.

I don't think that using Swift3D will be at your advantage for this portion of the project. Especially if your muse will be only a 2D object, and not 3D.

That's not saying that Swift3D v4 is not a great addition to your Flash toolset, trust me it is, but animating a complex object as something with wings for your first project might be a big daunting.

But very possible.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]