A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: eps sequence exported from max

eps sequence exported from max

Hi, I'm running swift the swift 3d plugin in 3ds max 5, and I"m haveing some strange problems. First of all, when I'm rendering with swift, if there are to many pollys in the sceen everyting crashes.

second, swift dosn't seem to be following the frame rate I've set in max.

also, I've tried exporting as an eps sequence, and then importing that sequence into flash, figureing I would get better controll over the movei that way. When I import the sequence, flash crashes!!

This is all very strange, I'm running a 3.02 p4 with 1.25 gig's of ram, so I dont' think it's my system. I havn't had these problems except when dealing with swift.

any suggestions would be great, thanks.

How many polys is too much? I have 2gb of RAM, and I know I've rendered about 500k polys without any issues - as long as I was using a *.max file to start out with. *.3ds has a import limitation... or maybe that was *.dxf within 3dsmax. Starting to forget!

btw, how much RAM do you have free when you do these things?

Again, for the *.eps sequence... taking them all into Flash means that you'll be pushing them all into RAM. Same question as above. Having 1.2gb of RAM is all good; but if you have only 300mb of free resources, that might be your culprit.

I have a good friend of mine that runs 1.5gb of RAM, and he has like only 275mb of free resources at a time. Way too many processes. He has like 55 processes per normal, and I have 18 at the most.

I'm not sure about how much more control you'll have over a sequence of *.eps files though. I've found that bringing my *.swf into Flash as a library item (MC), I have as much control as I normally need. For more control over color, reflections, and shadows, I use the *.swft export into Flash MX 2004.

Final thing... make sure that you're running the latest version of Swift3D.

[edit]

It just hit me... are you using 3dsmax with the plugin, or 3dsmax for your modelling, then Swift3D v4 standalone, then rendering out to *.swf or *.eps and going from there?

[edit]

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

at idle I have 955M of Memory available.
    I'm running the plugin from max, and I'll have to double check the polly count, but When I did get it to render it was just over 100k.

I told you wrong... it's 228k in 50 frames... sorry about that.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]