A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Simple firework demo

Simple firework demo

I've just completed a simple demo for a firework. It's very basic in that there is only one firework in one spot.

With a little effort one could change the code to make the firework appear in different spots each time and even add different colours.

This might be suitable for a childs game as a reward or for a holiday where there will be fireworks....

I hope it's useful to someone.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

Simple firework demo

Nice.
    I have seen your code and the way of programming look something familiar with an old site "flash-fx". I'm talking about 2003 year.
    The webmaster's name was "Ed".
    In a first look you are the same pearson.
    In this case, you don't remember me, but your animations was the great reason for i buy 3dfa, because your animations showed me the great capacity of this softwere, working together javascript, developed in a easy way like / almost dynamic html.
    Rui Paiva
    Last edited by rui_eduardo; 12-28-2004 at 05:28 AM.

Hello Rui Paiva,

I've been found out! Yes, it's me. I also do remember you If I recall correctly you were/have a web site for clothing designs.

Alas, flash-fx is no more but I'm glad that it helped you. It's been quite some time since our last email.

It's also good to see that you're still using 3DFA.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

your reply

Yes it's true, i'm still working in same company, and now i'm an export director, but as i like so much develope, i'm continuing develope our site on free time.www.sagos.pt

Now i'm focus in two ways, first one is the 100% xhtml + css made under web standards and liquid conceptes.http://www.sagos.pt/TESTES/static_site2/

Second is 3dfa + xml development.
    http://www.sagos.pt/TESTES/anim_site/
    http://www.sagos.pt/TESTES/presenter/

By middle i have developed some 3d animations on 3dfa, but because this put an extaordinary work on pc, i haven't use it on my works.

So, it's wonderfull then you are with us now, because in my opinion you and blanius can do a lot to get an increase on this extraordinary softwere.

Rui Paiva

I know what you mean about preferring development work instead of working on other tasks.

I too have been working a lot recently in developing a web site for the company that I'm contracting for and using xhtml and css. I'm also working on a personal project where more css is being used. It's really awesome stuff.

Some 3D work as well? You have been busy! When it's ready it would be good to see it.

Thank you for the kind words. It's good to be back with the forum too.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

Rui has really taken the XML and run with it.

I still struggle to get a handle on using XML put he's got it no problem.

He also took my slideshow example and really make it work the way it should.

Rui has done some amazing things with 3dfa I've been very impressed.

Attached File

Kusco, BLanius;

Not to sound like a complete idiot, but when I run the attached file of this thread, I, for some reason or another get just a black screen. What am I doing wrong? I've dabled here and there with 3DFA and love it but there are a few things I lack from not using it much. Thanks!

MoonRise
    Tribut Site Created With 3DFA Software

Hello MoonRise,

That's odd. You should at least be seeing a green firework. The firework is made up of bright green dots.

Try changing the colour of the dot to white as your monitor may be low in brightness???

If you're still having trouble or if anyone else is having trouble please let me know.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

MoonRise:
    You don't sound like a complete idiot.

The same thing happened to me. Try exporting it and it will work fine. After looking through the script, I don't really see a reason why 3DFA won't run it in its preview window. Maybe with the center coordinates of the firework? I don't know.
    Dan

Oops. I broke it.... again.

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    I'm an idiot too.

Luckily, I tried exporting too, and it works fine then. It's a really nice effect. I like it.

M.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

Well would you look at that!

I didn't even think about it not working in the preview. I'll add this to the list of things to be looked at.

I would also like to point out that there are NO IDIOTS in this forum. My motto is "If you don't ask then how will you know?".
    Please everyone, no question is too small to ask.

Ok, now that I've got that off my chest...

If you increase the number of frames/second from 20 to 26 then the animation will appear smoother and if you increase it further to say 35 then the firework itself will play faster.

I initially set the frame rate to 20 as on some systems it would be too slow.

It's good to hear that some of you like this simple demo. I'm thinking about using it an animation for a 2005 New Year's welcome.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

It didn´t work for me either. But then I tried to activate the "show at start" buttons. That does it.