A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: finally re-designed my site

finally re-designed my site

www.indivision.net

btw - id like to get the link out there. anyone know of other sites that accept submissions of links?

You need to enable the scroll bar on your site. The portfolio section with the art work can not be scrolled down.

I see from your avatar comment that I must pay attention to detail!

I'm not sure what's going on for you. The scrolling works in the browser and there is a scroller for all content that overflows within the flash. May I ask what browser you are using and maybe some more specifics of the problem?

Firefox 1.0

Sorry it is the art section, not the portfolio section. I closed the window before typing my comment so I couldn't remember exactly what the section was called.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif 1.gif (36.2 KB, 22 views)

My resolution is 1280x800 (widescreen monitor)

Here's the second image:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif 2.gif (36.7 KB, 26 views)

Thank you very much for pointing this out.

It works fine on IE which I use. So, I wouldn't have known. I brought it up in Firefox and see the problem.

Now to figure out why Firefox doesn't read the html correctly...?

Fixed it. I had an overflow hidden command in there that was unnecessary. For some reason IE didn't execute it because it is forwarded to from another php file.

Anyway, thanks again for pointing this out!

Very cool. I do like the design and the overall feel of the site.

Also for the voting I would recommend something a little more... eh I don't know how to put it. It just seems like people can accidently click on the bar too easily, like I did. It is an awesome idea though.

Hah! Funny how you manage to get such huge clients with those kiddie games.

Apart from that I like the site, a bit annoying with everything open in new windows. Also a very big minus would be that the site is probably optimized for 1152pix X 864pix wich is just crazy. more than 80% still use 800X600 res.

Thanks for your comments.

Are you saying I make the games like a 'kiddie' or that it's suprising that I lure the clients in with 'kiddie' games? Perhaps you misunderstand how things work with projects like that?

The site is designed to open at the large size to accomodate large pieces in the art section. But, the windows generally fit on an 800x600 screen. Anyway, point taken.

Originally posted by indivision
    Thanks for your comments.

Are you saying I make the games like a 'kiddie' or that it's suprising that I lure the clients in with 'kiddie' games? Perhaps you misunderstand how things work with projects like that?

The site is designed to open at the large size to accomodate large pieces in the art section. But, the windows generally fit on an 800x600 screen. Anyway, point taken.

Yea, the resolusion was a complaint, but the "kiddie" games was not. I ment that I was impressed that you caught such big fish with so easy games, easy as in very simple coding. No complaint.

This guy looks like you btw-->

Originally posted by JediMind
    Yea, the resolusion was a complaint, but the "kiddie" games was not. I ment that I was impressed that you caught such big fish with so easy games, easy as in very simple coding. No complaint.

This guy looks like you btw-->
    Haha. My avatar is from this movie: http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/napoleondynamite/

Although, I do have a lot in common with Napoleon!

I see what you're saying about the games. If it were up to me, I would probably build more complex games in every case. But, then they wouldn't suit the various needs (product, budget, etc) of the clients. After all, they usually have them mapped out already when they hire freelancers like me to build them. Getting hired is more of a rapport and reliability thing rather than being capable of doing bigger games that might be out of scope.

btw- the graffiti thing is cool. reminds me of beat street.

Yea, besides from the graffiti itself, one of the fonts is acctualy made by Mr Wiggles, who is a wellknown artist in both music and art. He was a dancer in Beat street with Rock stead crew. I am proud to have him as my partner.