A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Kusco

damned...

Kusco

As your email address is from 3dfa....and you posted several messages these last 2 weeks...after a very long silence...can you please tell us
    * when a new version will be available (if it's at the end of 2005, that will )
    * why 3dfa didn't get any news last year ? even Macromedia has released several versions !!!
    * which bugs will be corrected..and when ?
    * what will be the politic about actionscripting ? Will the product support actionscript 2.0 ?
    * Will the product support real actionscripting soon ? and not a kind of 3dfa mix of scripting...

I would like to have answers, because I have invested time and money for that product, (for only 1 release without any updates.. )and I had to change of product because of the lack of support and the lot of bugs.
    And now I'm working with 2 other products that are correct..and even with a php tool that I made with ming...

So I believe the community can expect answers from 3dfa for the future !

And Happy new year to all !

Hello Glops,

I'll answer your questions as best as I can.
    * why 3dfa didn't get any news last year ? even Macromedia has released several versions !!!
    All I know myself is that work was being focussed on another project.
    * which bugs will be corrected..and when ?
    There is a process in place where the most serious bugs take priority over bugs that affect commonly used features over bugs that are difficult to reproduce.
    * what will be the politic about actionscripting ? Will the product support actionscript 2.0 ?
    I have forwarded this question on to Rob and will hopefully have an answer soon.
    * Will the product support real actionscripting soon ? and not a kind of 3dfa mix of scripting...
    Again, have forwarded this question on to Rob.

I also should introduce myself to the community....again. I've been a member for quite some time now and was very active in the forum too. For a while there I was not able to participate very much in the forum but now have enough time to be of more help. I'm a programmer by trade and dabble in most things that can be programmed (except my VCR which has some serious personality issues!). I'm also now looking after support queries to free up Rob so he can focus more on developing 3DFA and getting those features in the software and ironing some of the issues. I was asked by Rob about 3 weeks ago now if I would be willing to take on the role to which I said 'yes'.

In the early days I received a great deal of help from both Blanius and Zoronvedik (thanks guys! I don't think I ever thanked you for all of your assistance in getting me started.)

Anyway, you will all get to know me over time and I'm sure I'll get to know all of you too....and I'm looking forward to it too!
    Last edited by kusco; 01-04-2005 at 09:08 AM.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

damned...

well

answers for nothing to say ?!
    If 3dfa is alive (question 1...is it alive ?), they have to
    * put Blanius, zoranvedek and yourself as moderators for the forum
    * give you a list of planned actions
    * give a list of corrected bugs so we can check if anything is missing
    If as moderators, you don't know what will happen in the future, and if that's already 3 weeks that Rob contacted you, he must already be ready with some stuff after more than one year of silence !

so please, we have enough of this version of 3DFA with no updates, no moderators, no news, some good news coming from space ? nothing !

If 3DFA wants to come back, Rob has to give us explanations, directions, updates, etc...
    Because, it's happened 1 time, and we have no guarantee for the future of this product...If not, I prefer to definitly go away from 3dfa and continue to work with other products !

just incredible to wake up a morning and to say, now, I will stop all about the product, I don't care about the customers, and I will come back when I want...That's not cool ! Maybe in 3 months, the development team will again be tied on an other project ?!
    Last edited by Glops; 01-02-2005 at 12:31 PM.

Hello Glops,

I'm sorry that my answers are not what you wanted to hear.

As for Blanius and myself becoming moderators, this is already in progress. Rob is not able to make anyone a moderator as this is a function of FlashKit. An email has been sent requesting that both Blanius and myself be moderators of this forum. I'm not aware if Zoronvedek has been approached by Rob.

I'd also ask to 'not shoot the messenger'. I'm here to volunteer my time as is Blanius and Zorovedek.
    Last edited by kusco; 01-04-2005 at 09:09 AM.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

No, offense and thanks for the mention, but I really do not have the free time to put into moderating the board here. I will always be checking in though and answer any questions that I can. Bret is a far better candidate than me for this, as is Ed(kusco).

I've been focussing mainly on my (fine) art over the last year, and just recently got an agent, and showings at a few local galleries. This has been taking up a lot more time than you might expect(not too many galleries will gamble on a digital artist, too many unknowns).........

In the next few months I will also be devoting some time to building myself a new site, so I will probably be a bit more evident around here myself, both asking and answering questions.

-J

damned...

of course Kusco

I have nothing against you, Blanius or Zoranvedek ! I find cool some guys are working for the 3dfa community....even if since I bought the product I didn't see your name on this forum...until these 2 last weeks(that was strange !!). What I try to understand is what is and what will be the politic of 3DFA, because they made big mistakes the last year letting all the customers without any news, support, updates ! And because Rob has contacted some of you to be moderators on this forum, he could officially write a little word announcing the stuff that will be done soon.
    I liked 3DFA, but I had to choose other products, and now I have doubts about this product. What is sure, is that I will not put any penny more for this product until actionscript will be real, and bugs corrected, and new components added (datagrid, new effects) because I paid for a product and just after it was stopped without any explanation.

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar

Moderators

Hi Glops,

Although I don't know everything that's involved in becoming a moderator on here, my understanding is that they are not 'employees' of 3DFA. Rather, my understanding is that up until a few weeks ago, they have been regular customers of 3DFA, putting up with the same support issues as any other customer, just like you or I, and yet still providing help by the bucketload to newcomers.

The appointment of Blanius and Ed is a huge step forward for support of the product. I think it might be polite not to lay into them for issues arising from the lack of support for 3DFA in the past, since this really isn't their responsibility.

We all have the freedom to make a choice about the product we use. Perhaps your need for support and upgrades warrants the need to spend money on more expensive competitors. Whatever your final decision, since we finally have some good news in the Forum, let's be positive, by sharing tips and tricks, suggesting new features and posting examples of things that work well. Let's not bash people who are here to help.

I extend my welcome to the 2 new Moderators.

Morgan.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

I'm just a user of the product and I enjoy helping others.

Rob asked if we'd Moderate and mainly that means we can delete inappropriate topics and posts, we can make threads sticky etc. The 3dfa.com email address is just a small benefit. We get nothing from moderating, except the feel good of helping out.