A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swf load and unload problem

Swf load and unload problem

Hello I have a problemwith my site because I can load the first swf for the home page bu how do I get it to make it so i can load the other pages and/or replace/unload/hide the other and display the new one. If you have a solution or a link to something that could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Try using loadMovie and unloadMovie. Use a keyword search for these terms here at Flashkit.
    "My boss sits and watches TV in a hot dog suit and I think he might be a moron."

I did a search but could not find anythingthat would help with my problem. What Im doing now is that i have an empty mc for the registration point. Its instance name is empty. When the page loads I have the swf do this i think (i dont have the fla with me right now)

loadmoive ("flash.swf", empty);

I was wondering if there is someway to make it so the "Flash.swf" part could be a var like file then i could change it remotely like from a button. so thenin the button I would type

on (release) {
    _root.file = "whatever";
    }

would that work or not. Whatever you guys think might work best I will try and do. Many thanks.

i got it to work what i did was set a new function and it works great heres what i did

function swf (x) {
    loadMovie (x, empty);
    }

and then on the first frame on the actions layer to load the starting page

swf ("home.swf");

and then on the buttons I put

on (release) {
    _root.swf("Blahblah.swf");
    }

I figured out that because I had all the buttons and button animations in a main mc called nav I had to use _root everything works great now and you can check it out a mondec.tk