A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: studio54design.com (Realityslip)

-----------------

studio54design.com (Realityslip)

What's the fuzz about?

Is there anything refreshing, new or original going on maybe?
    Or maybe you've never seen a site made by flashlevel or something or you're very new to tech-interfaces.

But dear god, really, why does every site with an aftereffected buttonset and metallic interface has to end up in 'cool sites' please tell me.

Didn't we already had it with this kind of recycled sites.
    Normally you should be shouting 'RIP' and 'heavely inspired' when bumping into a site like this.

Sometimes I can't really follow the way of thinking in here.
    Last edited by sense; 10-09-2004 at 07:49 AM.

Personally i think this site is very nice. Clean design, not too much going on to handle like some others. I think it would be better as a full flash based RIA perhaps. I think that would make it much more smooth flowing and self contained.
    FASCISM DOESN'T ALWAYS LOOK LIKE ADOLF HITLER.

sense is an genuiwine (belgian waffle eatin') h4t3r.personli i like this websight, very clean too my eyes.
    interweb/flash is what i trie to B the bested in.

I like.

Very clean. How did you get the smokey button effect? I've seen it a few times before and would like to try something similar.

well 1st off, if this is in cool sites then the person who posted it did not design it(or else it should be in member sites) But, it would seem, the designer used Adobe After Effects to do this effect then imported it into flash.
    FASCISM DOESN'T ALWAYS LOOK LIKE ADOLF HITLER.

oops...

There I go, forgetting where I am again. THanks for the info!

-----------------
    Originally posted by 7year
    well 1st off, if this is in cool sites then the person who posted it did not design it(or else it should be in member sites) But, it would seem, the designer used Adobe After Effects to do this effect then imported it into flash.

realityslip.com produced it.
    and it looks pretty lean and clean compared to the high-tech version of Realityslip ..

And sense, dont talk about refreshing, new and original while your previous site was full of trendy metafors: v1 ... ,and v2 was a "trendy" splashpage.

Seriously do you really have to reply like a hater, there is already enough negativism in this world, blueeergh !

It reminds me of Dash's work.
    Cept not as clean and I dont think dash would make buttons that annoying. i had to "stop animation" those suckers.

is it me or does everyone compare ae effects to flashlevel?
    in my oppinion he made ae effects popular.
    I can only postulate the probability of performing at a paramount level of perfection praised by the pulchritudinous paragon whose only practice is to preserve such a paradigm.

MetallicA all the way, baby! Bokkie's Avatar
    Originally posted by revenanted
    ... while your previous site was full of trendy metafors: v1 ...
    what are the trendy metafors then?
    Seriously do you really have to reply like a hater, there is already enough negativism in this world, blueeergh !
    true...

About the site...it was clean and goodlooking, but it wasent worth a bookmark.

Cheers,

BOK

PS Soz about the interrupting the thread.
    FakePilot = Master

y helo thar
    i love these kind of sites....keep posting em!

Ok, guess there's a market for this type of 'design'. And obviously FK is a place where it fits in well.
    And even more obviously it turns into a place where I doesn't feel as good as I once did. Maybe it's age maybe something else. But I think I lay low now for a while. Let the forum behind and move on to something else. Take care.

to sense: :/ damn, come on if you want to move on fine, but don't try to make other people feel bad about what they said with this sentinmental post.

on topic: really clean, nothing more and nothing less.

Originally posted by sense
    Ok, guess there's a market for this type of 'design'. And obviously FK is a place where it fits in well.
    And even more obviously it turns into a place where I doesn't feel as good as I once did. Maybe it's age maybe something else. But I think I lay low now for a while. Let the forum behind and move on to something else. Take care.

tot nog eens Sense, (niet vergeten smaken verschillen!)

I actually think that sense has a point...

I looked at the site and thought... okay nice design, but what makes this cool? no music no graphics, not even roll over sounds...

I guess everybody has different opinions and they should be allowed to voice those and not be flamed...
    Cannot comprehend this site still exists

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad about himself.

I'm just not a fan of 3d techno-interfaces and I express that in my posts.
    I see them as the easy way out and more than often they do not keep things in tune with the clients' consumers world.

And here is where it goes wrong.. flashkit happens to be a place where most of the people think techno-interfaces are the end of design and because of that think I'm a hater but that isn't true. I'm just voicing my opinion.

Okay, I maybe have focused too much on the subject but sometimes I can't help myself.

It's when I look in here most of the sites are posted because of their design and not on how well they are selling or advertising the product.
    Often it looks as if the product is shoven to the second place.
    Seems like the sites are designed to be loved by friends or peers.
    I'm just so tired of this 'client sponsored egocentrism' I might sound too much like a hater to some of you.

It's just my point of view. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hope this cleared it out and we can all get along together.

And indeed 'IforgotMyPassword' taste is different but sometimes you need to see through the whistles and the bells to judge a site being good or not.
    Last edited by sense; 10-10-2004 at 03:26 AM.

I almost posted "that's not even a site..."
    I saw this:

don't know what went wrong.

I wonder what will be the new version of http://www.realityslip.com/
    Use to be a fan of the previous site

y helo thar
    do you have a link to the previous site of realityslip.com?

Designs for food ZeroInspiration's Avatar
    Clean and nice looking after effects
    When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges.

To sense:

Sense and I argue about this all the time. He's biased against the techno look because he doesn't like it, so he says they all suck because he doesn't like the style.

That's like someone who hates kung fu movies reviewing a kung fu movie. They're never going to like it, whether it's done well or not, because they're biased.

Anyway, this site is about web design, and face facts dude, the sleek techy look is very popular (look at how most of our hardware, tv's, audio systems, cars etc. are designed). It has it's place, is good, is viable, and darnit, this site is good.

You can't say it's not about selling the product because here, the product is DESIGNING. So, they're showing off their skills.

What, should they have five girls lined up with surfboards????? *cheap shot!*