A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tokyoplastic.com - Tokyo Plastic v2 - amazing!

[ all flesh is code ]

Tokyo Plastic v2 - amazing! www.tokyoplastic.com

First the linky:

http://www.tokyoplastic.com/

( click the "Enter Tokyo Plastic v2" link and let it open its new window... you'll probably be there for a while )

I didn't exactly find this myself, rather I followed a link from a link from Zeldman.

But anyway....

As an interactive site it's only pretty good, but as animation it's just amazing. My brain nearly asploded trying to imagine doing all that in Flash.

Anyway check it out. Don't bother going to their print store though, the prints are all sold out already.
    http://www.medienkunst.com/

well... i'm sorry to say this but i didn't realy like the site... the animations aren't a big deal neither... ( it's not realy hard to draw thoes things, it just takes time ). i always hated sites with that kind of navigation, and i hate the sites what open a new window when clicking on the enter button ( if thats what was writen in chinese ).

the 1th preloader looks good ( the chair preloader ) but after a few min ( with Dial-UP ) that motion blur effect becomes anoying... and btw the menus don't look that good neither...

the site didn't catch my attention... ( i can say that the only thing that i liked about it was the hand reaching about of nothing and grabing the chinese girl ( when clicking on the factory button ) )

and i realy didn't get the idea of the site... what's their target ? do they sell something ? lol confusing

sorry

"de ez csak az en velemenyem..."

@wbwd - It's an art site. They aren't selling anything, they are just displaying their artwork. It's a modern artwork. I didn't come to this site expecting the greateset and most navigational site. In this case it's up to the artist how he/she wants to represent his/her work and this is how the artist chose to do so. I always find modern art to be very weird and hard to understand... You gotta go in the artist's mind to understand his/her message.
    ------------------------
    www.jinchuu.com
    ------------------------

newb question

hi i had a question about this site, its not related with flash but im sure you guys would know...

how do you make the popup with the flash in it, just like this site? i tried looking at the source code but coulndt find it.. i understand you use javascript for the pop ups but i was curious if anyuone knew the code or if they can link to a place where i can learn to do so. thank you so much

Originally posted by nerv_03
    @wbwd - It's an art site. They aren't selling anything, they are just displaying their artwork. It's a modern artwork. I didn't come to this site expecting the greateset and most navigational site. In this case it's up to the artist how he/she wants to represent his/her work and this is how the artist chose to do so. I always find modern art to be very weird and hard to understand... You gotta go in the artist's mind to understand his/her message.
    y, y... modern art... i like modern art too... but their site is too basic... they could realy put more information on it ( about their copany or something ) i like their work and their drawings but the outlook of the site didn't realy catch my atention...

y, y... modern art... i like modern art too... but their site is too basic... they could realy put more information on it ( about their copany or something ) i like their work and their drawings but the outlook of the site didn't realy catch my atention...
    Although they might be good artists, they are definitely not good web designers. There has been a lof websites on this forum that we have seen a lot of amazing 3D graphic artists, print designers, fashion designers, interior designers, or architects who's done websites. A majority of their websites are not well crafted. They don't have the "mind set" of web designers. Same go for web designers. Even though people are good web designers, they do not have the mind set of a print designer, fashion designer, interior designer, etc.

For example, http://www.designbybuild.com is a good portfolio site for this print design group but horrible web design. All it does is cycle through a bunch of pictures. Doesn't mean good print designers make the greatest websites.
    Last edited by nerv_03; 01-16-2005 at 04:56 PM.
    ------------------------
    www.jinchuu.com
    ------------------------

I gotta agree they have a long way to becoming good website developers since you really dont know what the site is about.

But the sound and animations are really nice and funny.

Originally posted by Johnny Shiro
    I gotta agree they have a long way to becoming good website developers since you really dont know what the site is about.
    I don't think that they want to be.

It's just a basic showcase.

The animation is stunning.

And to the person who said this animation is easy. I think you must be hugely underestimating the work that goes into it.
    -----------------------------------
    Chris Green
    BREADLEGS :: DESIGN AGENCY

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    geat update on an already geat site, love the animations, the site doesn't have to be easy to navigate or great at this or that, it is what it is and sites like this make the web interesting, you can't fault it.

Originally posted by wbwd
    well... i'm sorry to say this but i didn't realy like the site... the animations aren't a big deal neither... ( it's not realy hard to draw thoes things, it just takes time ). i always hated sites with that kind of navigation, and i hate the sites what open a new window when clicking on the enter button ( if thats what was writen in chinese ).

the 1th preloader looks good ( the chair preloader ) but after a few min ( with Dial-UP ) that motion blur effect becomes anoying... and btw the menus don't look that good neither...

the site didn't catch my attention... ( i can say that the only thing that i liked about it was the hand reaching about of nothing and grabing the chinese girl ( when clicking on the factory button ) )

and i realy didn't get the idea of the site... what's their target ? do they sell something ? lol confusing

sorry

"de ez csak az en velemenyem..."
    Girl are you for real??? shut up....
    .soul

Originally posted by Dave1983
    Girl are you for real??? shut up....
    grrrrr.... who's a girl? i'm a MAN ! and anyway what's with this stupid reply? that was my opinion, if you don't like it OK, you think i care ? your just a teenager who has no manners, and who wants more attention ( or if your not a teenager than thats worse ).
    i didn't say that their graphics are bad, i like them, i just said that the site isn't that good!

Learn to READ! Learn some manners !

Just to let you know for those who may not know....

Tokyo is not in China.

Originally posted by tetris

Tokyo is not in China.
    and tokyoplastic is not in Japan

Originally posted by tetris

Tokyo is not in China.

i don'tcare from where they are... 1th) the site is all hieroglyphic... so i didn' tunderstang a word...

and what's with this stupid reply ?
    Last edited by wbwd; 01-18-2005 at 02:56 PM.

They're London based from what I remember.

But what's everyone banging on about, this site has been around for ages.

Still love it though.
    Keep it rural.

Originally posted by gecko2

Seriously, I came into this thread with my hopes up

Yeah, damn you!

And, I think practically everyone of us will be offended if you say anything bad about TokyoPlastic. We all love the site, we all love the guy, and we cant take anything bad said about him. Atleast, I know I cant.

Zak.

oops ill go back in to my newb hole now hehe

Yeah, we've gotten to a point where we've defined what a website is supposed to look like, which is bad. It can be anything. It can be for entertainment, it can be for games, it can be for product placement, it can be for art.

A "web design" is an infinite medium, not a finite one.

That being said, this site isn't really stunning to me, but I see where it's good and can appreciate it.

MetallicA all the way, baby! Bokkie's Avatar
    Originally posted by gecko2
    They're London based from what I remember.

Still love it though.
    FakePilot = Master