A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Design Contest Begins

Originally posted by swcAndrew
    Kianis - this game is awesome
    Thanks Maybe at first, but you'll soon see how buggy it is :P In worst case the package will keep "jumping" for ever and you'll have to refresh to start over.
    I'll stop whining now heh. Good luck to all
    // Mazapán, my portfolio

Seven entries so far (its a wonder what a working form will do... :roll: )

Anyways, I'm sorry for the hassle and extra stress there guys. Trust me when I say that I was probably swearing just as much as you

If you want to browse the fantastic entries, just go to http://pnflashgames.com/mod-pnFlashG...w-cid-12.phtml

Btw, I disabled the "Get this game for your site" link that automatically shows up on all the games on our site as a courtesy to you guys. If you want, when the contest is over you can let me know what you want me to do with the game.

Bean, glad to see a highscore enabled game in there

I love these games and I'm looking forward to seeing any last second entries!
    pnFlashGames.com
    share your games with thousands
    MediaProtect.org - Helping you protect your work (In Development)

Im back baby!
    hey leason.

my usual account on your site is 'jagopth', but i forgot my password for that, and couldn't find any 'recover password' links, so i had to use an old old username i registered AGES ago. sorry if its out of your way, but could you tell me how i can reset my password for my newer account ( jagopth )

Thanks

jagopth
    howdy pardner!

Leason, thank you very much for uploading my game for me (as I'm sure all others you've helped are just as thankful).

Good luck to all who are working their brains off in these last two hours.

- OneMrBean

Leason, I know I talked to you by email, but I don't see the game updated yet??? It should look similar to the one at http://www.swc.homestead.com/flashkit/
    Andrew Webster
    Impressive Click

Im back baby!
    J-O-I

What do you guys think of my game (first 'real' game i've ever finished)

all of the games submitted so far are different and v.good!

amazing what ideas people come up with, from the word 'package' lol

jag
    Last edited by jagopth; 01-23-2005 at 11:10 PM.
    howdy pardner!

swcAndrew, the game on the site now is the one you sent me via email. Let me know if you need anything else.

Loving this guys, well worth the anticipation
    pnFlashGames.com
    share your games with thousands
    MediaProtect.org - Helping you protect your work (In Development)

Patron Saint of Beatings WilloughbyJackson's Avatar
    Just posted my game...

I'll play them on Tuesday...

Got to catch up on all the work I ignored.

-pXw

Play - Live - Work - Enjoy

the thud of the body rabbitkiller's Avatar
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    I got such a headache! Here's an army of pirates to express my feelings:

so glad it's over
    let's see now what you guys got!
    world[i] = new world();

I finished with 20 minutes to spare.

It's a timed puzzle game thing. Check it out: http://pnflashgames.com/mod-pnFlashG...y-id-262.phtml

I don't know if it's too difficult, or too easy, or anything, because I didn't have time to get other people to test it. Hopefully you'll like it.

P.S.: These competitions are great. Before this I hadn't finished a flash game in months.
    Last edited by timBertrand; 01-24-2005 at 03:16 AM.

Patron Saint of Beatings WilloughbyJackson's Avatar
    Originally posted by timBertrand

P.S.: These competitions are great. Before this I hadn't finished a flash game in months.
    That's the point. This competition is a great time to get stuff done in Flash.

-pXw

So many great entries guys. Congrats I wish I had a chance to make something, but my brain was just so scrambled when I got in last night.

So how will voting work? Will we be doing it in a new thread on the forums or will the winners be chosen straight from votes recorded on leason's site?

Originally posted by timBertrand
    It's a timed puzzle game thing. Check it out: http://pnflashgames.com/mod-pnFlashG...y-id-262.phtml

I don't know if it's too difficult, or too easy, or anything, because I didn't have time to get other people to test it. Hopefully you'll like it.
    I just finished it. I still had 12 minutes to spare, so it was a tad on the easy side. It was fun though, good primer for getting the brain ticking over again

Following FlashKit Competition tradition, we will start a new thread for voting, wherein each member picks his or her favorite game in each of several categories (eg art, programming, fun factor, overall, etc.). I'm not sure what the actual divisions were, but those could easily be looked up from past competitions, and I suppose new categories could be added (such as best sound). After this, the votes for each game are tallied up and there are three places given in each category (for example, I won 2nd place in Art last competition), so there can be multiple winners in many respects.

Also, Leason mentioned that he would award honorable mentions to the games that receive the best vote rating on pnFlashGames, so that's a few more awards that can be handed out at the awards ceremony next week .

This turnout has been really great! I've played most of the 11 games that are there right now, and I'm impressed. Great job everyone!

- OneMrBean

the thud of the body rabbitkiller's Avatar
    I played all the games there... Outstanding games! Especially, well.. let's wait for voting thread...
    world[i] = new world();

I'm so pissed off...my ex girlfriends internet hasn't worked all night n i've had to come to work without uploading my game I'll still release it when I get time to upload it onto my website sometime!!!

RipX

Well, I posted my game here right before I went to bed, so I couldn't upload it to your stie when you had finished it. Can you upload it for me? It was really late and I did not want to stay up any longer checking if it got uploaded, and now its too late, but I did finish it in time. I'll send you a pm if you want to.

Ihoss

There are some really cool games there guys Can't wait for the voting!

Good luck all

Hey folks,
    I've quick-scanned some of the games, and I've got to admit you guys did a better job then me I couldn't play any of the games because I'm at school now, and gaming is illegal The game I was trying to create was that you'd have to create the package for several objects (milk, present, cookies etc.) And you'd be able to compare your 'art' with other players. Unfortunatly I didn't get any bit farther then the drawing part.

Anywayz, I'll play the games when I'm home, may the best win!

SaphuA

all the games rock, everyone did a really good job.

when is voting going to start?
    If our body is a clock ticking away and if while we experience all that this world has to offer time has still continued to pass, are we living or just experiencing a slow death?