A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Contest Begins

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    Lol, ye, mines currently randomly attaching movieClips I think i can fix that though.

Ali

Im back baby!
    at the moment the 'parcels/packages' should attach at the top and fall down, but they attaching at the bottom and flying UP! lol

fixable tho.
    howdy pardner!

Lol, by the sound of it, you making the same thing as me exept mine do fall down. I doubt it is the same though.

Ali

oh praise the lord and lick my bum, ive got it bloody working.

im so happy i think...i think im going to cry...no cant cry, dont have the time.

id really like one of us lesser inexperienced guys to do well in this, i know full well that its just going to be between squize and ihoss or someone though, squize will probably make a 3d football game or something.

oh well lets just keep pluggin away.
    If our body is a clock ticking away and if while we experience all that this world has to offer time has still continued to pass, are we living or just experiencing a slow death?

Yea, but it doesnt really matter at the end of the day. You dont win anything, and by just doing the comp you get another finished game. We will all be making 3D football games one day

Ali

Im back baby!
    Originally posted by alillm
    Yea, but it doesnt really matter at the end of the day. You dont win anything, and by just doing the comp you get another finished game. We will all be making 3D football games one day

Ali
    Correction >> "You actually GET a finished game!!" lol

I've only ever finished 2 and they werent as good as other games!!
    howdy pardner!

Well actually ive never done one either, ive made loads of engines and complex things that end up crashing flash, but i never finish complete games

ah nothing beats actually coming through all the problems and actually completing a game, ive completed 2 so far and within the next few days ill have another couple done including this one.

the trick is to make something simple and build on it once you have the main base working.
    If our body is a clock ticking away and if while we experience all that this world has to offer time has still continued to pass, are we living or just experiencing a slow death?

Patron Saint of Beatings WilloughbyJackson's Avatar
    I did some brainstorming last night,(I blame Squize for my first naughty idea ) went to sleep, and just woke up...

So I guess I just wasted 9 or so hours.

-pXw

Im back baby!
    lol. i woke up at 11.00 gmt, and was in work 11.20. then i got back at 1.30pm. bin workin on it since...

wounded thing is,

my gf will b here in an hour, so i wont get to work on it until 2moro now , it pisses her off wen i play on comp, while she here

Do you all feel for me
    howdy pardner!

lol, no, just gives me a bigger chance

Lol, only joking mate, ye, thats annoying, im sure you will make a decent game anyway.

Ali

lol ali, yeah we have bigger chance.

maybe we should find all the main guys girlfriends.

ill work on squize and ihoss, share the others between the rest of you guys.

Patron Saint of Beatings WilloughbyJackson's Avatar
    I'm married, but thanks for the offer.

Anyhow, I have got the basic boxes done and using circles as the hero/enemies right now...

Now to make the move...

-pXw

lol.

Im not going to be able to do much more tonight, maybie get half an hour in later to tie things up for the day.

I just need to add scoring, lives, levels and sounds now maybie some better grafic too if i have time (using ones that i made in about half an hour at the moment )

Ali

I might be the guy Squize mentioned earlier, the one that starts off with a way to big project. :/
    By the way, is he even participating?

Edit: Great theme, leason! And good luck to all
    // Mazapán, my portfolio

i think squize is in.

the theme is a good one, especially as i have been working in a post room for the last couple of months, inspiration a plenty.

the Dervish of Q??
    I work in a warehouse, so I have plenty of inspiration too. Don't worry, Kianis, I doubt you'll be the only. I think I had the same idea as jagopth and alilm. Uh-oh. Oh well, I'm gonna put a different spin on mine. G'luck to everyone!
    Derek.

Hmm... I probably shouldn't have stayed out so late last night... 14 hours into the competition and I just woke up.

Sorry guys I don't think I'm able to enter... I'm too bussy and aint got enough time
    I hope you guys are doing a better job then me

dont think itll matter much tim, i think most of us are going to waste a lot of time on something or other, ive pretty much finished the engine on mine now, so its just a case of designing graphics and finding some sounds.

think ill take a break and watch a film or something now.

im quite afraid my game is gonna be like a lot of others as mine does involve packages falling but it dont matter, noones will be exactly the same.

keep going guys, still plenty of time left.