A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Design Contest Begins

good topic, took a while to come up with an idea though. I don't believe my game is quite similar to everyone who posted so far, but it is coming out pretty nice.

Can't wait to see my competetion.
    Andrew Webster
    Impressive Click

Leason, anyway you can put that highscore component in a different file format? I can't open it. Thanks.
    Andrew Webster
    Impressive Click

Im back baby!
    the reason why my game contains falling (sometimes) packaging, is because my first origianl thoughts were abolished by the fact that i havent enough time. I will go-on to make my first 2 game ideas tho, as they were quite amazing
    howdy pardner!

the thud of the body rabbitkiller's Avatar
    I hope we don't make the same game in 10 different variations...
    world[i] = new world();

lol, I think that might be the case. If so, we are going to have a hard time choosing most original.
    Andrew Webster
    Impressive Click

im off dont have the time have to work all day tommorow
    buddy holly lives in our dreames

www.crazynetwork.dk

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    TonyPa, that was my first thought, but i couldnt think of a game to make from it

Should be able to finish my engine soon too, figured out how to make things much easyer for myself.

I dont think i will be making exactly the same game as other ppl who have mentioned falling, but it will prob be the same style.

Ali

Oh, btw, has anyone got rly good grafix? im debating weather to stay up later tmorro doing pixel grafix or not.

I am working on the gfxs now, since most of the coding side is done. My drawing skills are alright.
    Andrew Webster
    Impressive Click

my graphics will not be very good as i have this poxy optical mouse which makes designing art impossible, as long as you can tell what is what i dont really care anyway. im going for gameplay as opposed to art, thats the way i hope it works out anyway. if the gameplay is worse than the art then im in trouble.

my engine is done now, got most of tommorow to churn out sounds and art, hopefully it wont turn out that bad.

looking forward to seeing everyones games now.
    If our body is a clock ticking away and if while we experience all that this world has to offer time has still continued to pass, are we living or just experiencing a slow death?

Oh MAN!!! I woke up, about 1hr ago - SaphuA told me bout it last night, but I was too stuffed to do anything about it. So what have I lost?

Meh, I'll give it a shot even though I'll have like no time

ps: do we have 30hrs left?

I should really be finishing my engine, but im watching ultimate force instead

I have a laptop trackpad to do my grafix, so you really cant complain

I probably wont bother with my grafix either. At the moment, my packages look like windows

Hopfully finishing my engine wont take to long, caz i will hve about 4 hours tomorro to finish the engine, make the levels, add the sounds and add extra grafix and effects.

Ali

ooh i feel for you ali, i was never any good at art anyway so i know my graphics are going to be crap no matter what.

i will go out and buy a digital pen and tablet soon, just to make the most of what talent i do have, anyone know of any good cheap ones?

ps. was going to watch UF but have been watching king arthur for the last couple of hours so thats my breaktime used up.
    If our body is a clock ticking away and if while we experience all that this world has to offer time has still continued to pass, are we living or just experiencing a slow death?

Lol, ye, i couldnt afford a break, but i couldnt miss ultimate force

Im hoping to get a grafix tablet too soon, cant draw anything with thsi trackpad. Im not bad at art, but ive never really got the hang of computer art.

I hope i can finish this game in time, it really shouldnt have taken long, but i rushed it and screwed up the code which has made it take far longer than it should. i really dont wanna be up till 5am tommoro night

I dont really stand a chance of winning anyway, so if i cant complete it, i will post it on monday. Should be able to get sumthing in by tomorro though

Ali

the Dervish of Q??
    I won't be able to finish . I can't get on the computer if I'm not studying for midterms, and I've got church on Sunday. Plus, I don't think my idea is the rarest, so maybe I'll be passing. Shucks. Oh well, not much I can do about it.

Derek.

Just added some stuff and it should take too long to finish now so i should be almost back on track.

[offTopic]
    and i finaly worked out how to do a decent engine for my long overdue squad shooter, so ill start on that as soon as the contest is over. Expect a rainbow six style game soon
    [/offTopic]

Ali

yeh ive been looking at squad tactics, but ive decided to make a frenetic all out shooter with ai instead, i think ill start making it in a few days.

i take it the rainbow six game is going to be top down, could be cool.

Ye, i started the idea about 3 months ago, but i only got to the taking cover bit, and it started going so slow that i gave up. Im going to use an A* function this time along with various nodes to represent waypoints and cover spots. The men will then choose the best node to move to based on circumstances, and move there using A*.

Obviously it gets more complex than that, but im not going to sit here explaining it all

I should manage the engine as long as the speed keeps up, making a game out of it is another matter tho.

AI is awsome, I love making lil AI engines.

Good luck with your shooter.

Good night all

Ali

Patron Saint of Beatings WilloughbyJackson's Avatar
    Mine does not involve packages falling.

In fact, where I get the main character sketches done... I'll post them.

The concept is...rather bizarre.

Title: Mary-Jean, Human Package Rescuer...

-pXw

lol, sounds like a funny game, can't wait to see it.
    Andrew Webster
    Impressive Click

Eep. I forgot about plans I had made tonight for dinner. I've just finally started now with my graphics.

I threw in a falling box just for the fun of it, but my gameplay will not revolve around it.

I'm definitely going to be cutting it close on this one... hopefully everyone else will finish on time.