A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Website Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flash Website Help!!!!!!!!!!!! ***FILE UPLOADED****

Im trying to create a website as my portfolio in flash but im not getting anywhere. I have a static screen shot design of my website and a link to a website i want the menu to be similar to is there anyone out there interested in working with me to create the website? Perhaps someone whos still learning and wants to practise their skills?

I dont imagine that it will take very long if i provide all graphics and can just aim to get some form of structure and learn how to finish it off?

id be forever greatful!!!! *flutters eyelids* hahaha.
    Last edited by beautiFY; 01-27-2005 at 03:49 AM.

I'll help you with it.. post your .fla files.

Thankyou!!!!!! I have private messaged you. Anyone else willing to help please reply!

just post the .fla on here..
    i'll take a look
    what the hell's a motion tween?

pm'd you sharma! I dont have a flash file as I dont know where to begin. I can post a .jpg of how i want my layout to appear and a link to a website which is how i want my navigation to appear, but ive been searching for days and i cant find any tutorials to help me..... im sure its incredibly simple!

I'm still learning...
    beautify, sharma has a point that u post everything here b'cuz every1 can help when they saw ur posts. i'm trying to create a portfolio too.

How do I post a .fla file on here? Upload it to the web, then... just a link to it?

no there is an attach file option below the "your reply" section when you post or reply to a message.
    what the hell's a motion tween?

Hey guys!
    Attached is as far as I have gotten with my website that im looking for some help on. In the zip file attached you will see the layout of my website and I have begun the rollover idea on the navigation at the top but while the boxes change colour and the links/sub categorys appear if you roll your mouse over the text which need to be linked to body text, they stutter.....

My idea is for the menu/sub categorys to appear when the mouse is rolled over the square and to be able to click on something; eg. graphic design which will then open up a main text box labled '3'. In this box a list of works i have done with graphic design will appear and then I want to be able to click on a work and then an image of it opens in box '2' and a small paragraph of text in box '1' which will have the name, date etc. I would like to make all the text boxes have transperant backgrounds - or the same colour as the background colour.

Is this achievable in flash? Like i said before im not familiar with websites and ive looked for ages and ages to learn how to do this but I cant work it out at all. If someone could please help me that would be wonderful!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did anyone manage to find a way to get my website to work?

I'm working on it right now.. I noticed you had your logo as a bitmap.. big mistake.. that bumped up your flash file by like 40kb.. i replaced it with vector graphics since they're 100 times smaller..

i really want to help but my dad took my computer with flash on it and even my WHOLE SITE AND MOVIES I WAS ON was on it

also passwords and cookies and all that fun stuff

also a divorce is going on and all that stuff... sometimes i wish my dad wasnt such a freaking control freak hee says were "not showing him respect" but we havent done anything thqat "doesnt show respect" in the last week.
    ... Stupid dad

i guess i could help by just typing ideas and stuff...

you can see what i made, its my site design i made in two hours www.albinojoe.com

srry about the rambling im sooo pissed maybe i should start my own thread

Hey guys! Flashpenguin have you had any luck? I got some links happening in my version linked to.txt files but that method is not effective as I cant work out a way of putting links and bold text in etc. Maybe flash is too hard after all!