A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Import photoshop image into flash w/o background

Import photoshop image into flash w/o background

I know this is a mixed question between flash and photoshop. If I creat an image in photoshop, how can I only import the image into flash without the canvas/background. I selected "transparent" in photoshop CS but the background just doesnt seem to let go. Is there any way of doing this. Thanks.

Philadelphia, PA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Spiral Arm of Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe
    Put the image on a layer in Photoshop and delete the background layer (so only the image you want to import is in a visible layer). Save the image as a PNG and import the PNG into Flash.
    Argon Zark!, The original interactive webcomic (since 1995)

Philadelphia, PA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Spiral Arm of Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe
    Or duplicate the layer (using the drop-down menu to the right of the layers palette) into a new document. The new document will only have that layer and no background. Then do the PNG thing as descibed above.
    Argon Zark!, The original interactive webcomic (since 1995)

Thanks, I'll try it this evening. I just hate dealing with that big white square around everything I create. I just got 3ds Max but have no clue what Im doing. I'll do what you're saying, I hope it works!

This was the easiest thing to do. I had no idea to save as a png file. Thanks for the help.