A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: yo, check this out...

exclusive member ( V I P ) tiGRAN=-2001's Avatar

yo, check this out...

http://makeup.calabriaphotography.com/

This was a quikieee, the guy i did this for is extremely cheap. If you were a photographer, how much would you offer as a good price for something like this, if it was due in less than a week?

I know the photos dont show loading, but they are. What do you think of overal design?

thanks guys
    tigran

well if i was a photographer, id probably only pay a few hundred the most for this. a few comments. def need a load bar or some sort of text telling the viewer the image is loading. the colors are very bright but they dont fit well together, bright pink and oragne with a dull green... try look at this site http://www.colourlovers.com/index.cf...ettes&view=all especially pallettes #32,34,23...this might help out alittle bit.

remove the indent u have for the text, either justify it or make sure everything is left justified. and also add a email link to the email address and add a copyright statement somewhere especially since she is a photographer. i work at a digital photo lab and copyrights are a HUGE thing for photographers. center the swf in the browser window instead of aligning it to the top.

hope this helps
    Tracy

hi Tracy, thank's for the helpful comments and that website link, its very useful! I didn't really know how to center vertically, but I think your'e right about that. You got a great website btw

thanks for the kind comments

centering the swf, its easy... in ur html document, using dreamweaver, set the alignment to center. if ur not using dreamwvear and doing this by hand, in ur source code, look for something that says align.

take a look at a site i did for a model(male..warning and take a look at the source code http://www.avidgraphics.net/dmain.html

if u notice, i placed the swf inside a table to make sure its centered and aligned in the middle and also not resizable. so in whatever browser, the swf/table will automatically center. hope this helps

Tracy

yup very helpful i got it. Loved the navigation bars on that site. You have a nice simple style that i like. just curious about your price range for a site like the model's, is it in the hundreds? or a three digit sum? The one i made was for a 50dll budget

thanks for the comments and woohoo you got it to work, thats great!!

i do have a 'simple" style but thats just it, my style BUT i make the design according the subject and wut fits best. for example, a few weeks ago i completed a site for a rapper... www.epikonline.com and u can see here that its not simple and completely different than the model or my site...it all depends on client/subject.

actually he is a good friend of mine and i didnt charge him anything for it. i saw the color scheme on the site i gave u and i thought of his photos and i asked him if i could make a piece for my portfolio...to add and he said fine. if he was a client, i would probably charge b/w $2-2500. maybe thats to high or not but ive had a few designers from the forum tell me that it would cost about that much. so im taking their word for it
    Last edited by Tracy981; 01-29-2005 at 11:54 PM.

again, love your stuff! no need to thank me youre welcome
    he sounds like he could be on the radios soon

yeah the kid is good, he actually just did a song with "The Game" i have no idea who that is but apparently this guy is with 50cent...who knows

one more thing about ur layout...on the logo where it says her name and makeup artist underneath, make sure the leading (spacing b/w the letters) are the same length as her name...like the example i attached
    Attached Images Attached Images