A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: any comments??!

site check please!

im creating this site, http://mindscape.bizhat.com , for me and a friend that want to start a graphic service site. we've been working with photoshop mostly, designing flyers, logo's ect. there isnt much on it yet.. but i want to know what ppl think about it so far before i add all the details on it. well please write any comments you have to better the site.

the site again is http://mindscape.bizhat.com

ps. keep in mind that im only 17 yrs old and i've only been working with dreamweaver and flash for about 2 months. and i havent taken any classes for either of them
    Last edited by coreloks; 01-29-2005 at 12:37 AM.

It is a great start.
    I think you should make the central blue buttons smaller and change the font size and colour accordingly. I think it could use 1 more colour in the banner at the top.
    It is fantastic for only 2 months!!
    Trust No1

Here's a tip. Raise your fps higher to around 30-40 fps. It looks like your working in default at 12 fps and everything looks like it's in slow motion. Upping the frame will make your animations look smoother.

thanx for the comments.. yeah i was running them at the standard 12 fps now i upped it up to 25 fps looks better.. thanx.. .. umm what about loading time like for dial up users and all that good stuff.. lol
    Last edited by coreloks; 01-29-2005 at 12:38 AM.
    core
    mindscape graphx

if you want loading times to be quick...try to keep the file size down. This means use as much vector shapes as possible. Images and sounds will increase your file size. Also convert things into symbols so they can be use as instances rather than multiple shapes/objects over and over. Learn how to use the "loadmovienum" actionscript to seperate your sections into different movie files. That way the user will only have to download the sections they want to see.

really nice start for only 2months of dreamweaver and flash, i can imagine wut ur gonna do in 6 months or a year. keep up the good work!!

the only comments i have, u have a great logo but used as wall paper, well no offense but it looks like fish in the ocean(especially with the blue) and well let's say it looks like other swimming things to. u may want to just add a simple textured bg or a plain color, the logo is way to much. also the button, black text on the dark blue is hard to read even though there is a gradient behind it. gradients are hard to use, so either set the alpha to maybe 40 or so, it might help. now i know u said ur only 17 and not to much experience but with wut u have its a GOOD start so im gonna say some more, the color scheme is off. yes u can have a "blue" scheme", but the colors u chose dont go well with eachother, plus u have no complimentary colors, try adding a burnt orange or a dull yellow. here try this website http://www.colourlovers.com/

i dont mean to be harsh or wutever, but u have good stuff here and i would want to see u push it into something good to GREAT...

hope this helps
    Tracy