A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HTML company website check - pretty plz

HTML company website check - pretty plz

www.imagicity.com

I realize its not a particularly exciting website - but would appreciate any comments on layout, colour schemes, browser compatability, loading times etc.

know items - links to QCIF viewer, white paper,pc demo and tutorials are currently not working.

Thanks for your input!

I think where it says "imagicity is a leading supplier of video codec solutions"....You should move the text and that alpha gray bar down about 10 pixels so it can align with the bottom of the banner...or you could move the text all the way up top to the blue background box to fill it in that way it won't look so empty

what can i say ? simple, not bad...

Well, 1st of all, that 'home' jpeg has visible compression marks - loose that, sacrifice some size-wise, nevermind - those distortions make a terrible first impression.
    My apologies - get rid of those throughout the site (just noticed those on photos, too).

And No2: those three colors don't work well together (page background, logo background & green buttons) - try these two links on color:

http://www.easyrgb.com/index.html
    http://www.colourlovers.com/

Other than that, the site is just fine - simple, easy-to-navigate and informative, as these type of sites should be.

i agree with chero, the colors are way off, colourlovers.com is a great site. also try adding a texture (very minimal) to the bg, add some depth to the page instead of a flat green (while hopefully u will change that anyway). loose the drop shadow on the headers, it looks to generic. just use a simple bold, change color or different font (one that works with the others) to emphasize each section.

Thanks for the comments.

I have to say in my defense that I am colour blind! - the links are great - I will try be trying to change the colours. As far as a texure goes- do u think it just needs texture on the green bg bit? - are there any good texture links you know of?
    As far as jpegs go - which ones did you think looked bad - the banner, or the foundng member photos - or all of them.. ? I was trying to keep the size below 50k max for the page, and currently the flash banner is 10k and the 5 image banner is about 20k ..

Its late Sat night now - I'll try re-doing the colours/textures on monday (when I get payed for it )
    have a good weekend : )

Both - nevermind few kilos - raise the logo quality until there's no visible marks around the guy's nose & the celly - & the photos until they all look like Robert Cooney's.

also try adding a texture (very minimal) to the bg
    Tracy obviously meant the background - the easiest way to find textures is:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=texture

But note that most (not all) textures found around the web are ugly & overly aggressive. You might want to make your own that will suit the site, or try some texture generator - there's bound to be a bunch of trials/sharewares/freewares scattered around.

Good weekend 2u2

thanks Chero for the clarification, thats exactly wut i meant

first off - thanks for the comments,

I did try moving the text on the banner up and down - but I like it where it is - so I left that the same.

I have redone all the jpegs to try and cut out compression marks. I have changed the background colour and added a little texture to it. The section headers Ive changed the colour, lost the drop shadow on the text and changed the font.

My colourblind eyes are really suffering trying to get this right! - hopefully what I have now is ok....?

Cheers!

www.imagicity.com

nice improvement hunn few comments..

- add a rollover effect for the navigation buttons on the side
    - make sure the alignment is aligned for the headers and text underneath, some places dont match!! especially where u have ur image of a persona nd then the text is right up against the edge of the photo... give it more, alot more space b/w the photo and text!!

its coming out good

Tracy

Agree with all of the above <- that direction
    I'd also say I don't like the font used in headers, it doesn't work well with the other font.
    Good job on the pictures, if you can do something about the celly guy - he's a bit blurry - but loose no sleep if you can't
    Also, dropShadows are too obviously cut off if you ask me.

and what Chero said

I was losing sleep from the blurry celly guy - and had to change it! after reading your comment it was all I noticed on the page!

Well - I will have a go at the fonts and take a look at the drop shadow - and rollovers of course...

I think I can handle it from here - thanks to Cong, wbwd, chero and Tracy981 for all your help with this one!