A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: newbie-question: how import .t3d to flash?

newbie-question: how import .t3d to flash?

Ive got a model in a .t3d-file in Swift 3D. But how do I import it to Flash, so that I can use it there? The usual "import" in flash wont recognize that file-type..

Am I missing something (perhaps half a brain )?

You have to export the file as a swf for Flash to import it. So it only consists of vectors.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Then Im confused. I dont have an optiom to export to any file-format at all in my Swift 3D v4.00. I made a simple mesh, and tried to export it, but all I can do is save it to .t3d-fileformat.

And although the Swift 3D Importer that should be used by Flash to import swft-files has been installed (when Swift 3D was installed), when opening flash there are just the three ordinary choices under file-import, ie. "Import to stage..", "Import to library..", and "Open External library", and no hint of any "Swift 3D Importer" anywhere.

No disrespect, but you've sorta overlooked not only the manual, but what Swift3D does.

Swift3D renders to *.swf or *.swft. It doesn't export it. Not in the manner you're thinking.

You have the 3D model in Swift3D already. You can animate it, do what you wish to it - Swift3D has it's own timeline.

Then, via the Preview and Export Editor, your target render file will be an *.swf file or *.swft (that has more control and layers than a simple *.swf) with the render settings that will visually satisfy your needs/project.

Seriously though, take a look at the manual. You're thinking about exporting in a manner that's not possible within Swift3D.

Hope this helps.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Youre right. Im pressed for time with a project, and just needed a 3d-mc quickly converted from a 3ds-file, and thought Id be able to do it without actually learning Swift 3D.

But Ive been playing around a bit with the program the last hour or so, and it is friggin awesome! Its definitely worth learning, even if just for fun, so Im taking some time to do so

Thanks for your patience, both of you, with a newbie trying to score a quick 3d-fix Ill try to annoy you with more worthy questions further ahead.

lol. no probs. stick around and feel free to ask any questions.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

hey i still cant get it if u have the steps how to make it swf PLZ post it i just started 2 learn 3D stuff i used to be on Photoshop and Micromedia Flash but i want to c how to use 3D now i have an animation and everything but how do i make it SWF and im using Swif 3D

after u've done ur model and animations
    >> click on the 'preview and export editor' tab, on ur left menu u should b able to select 'vector' or 'raster' (choose whatever u like)

>>then a bit lower u should see 'target file type' (choose SWF), then on the top menu select 'generate all frame', after the rendering select 'export all frame'.

>>open flash, import ur swf.

good luck

let me try wat u just said and i will replay for more help if i needed tx for ur help ne wayz

thanks man it really worked but it needs time untill it loads the frames