A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: open battle :: all about abstracts (read first post)

Thanks mandissected

That's funny they are up again. Oh well..., I guess we're at war again. Ha the wrath of the napi one will be felt by the shivering bones of the mandissected and the flashl!ght. Sowarm up you two!

Hello Guys

Last edited by nepzap2; 07-29-2005 at 04:58 PM.

Great last volley nepzap. You took quite a few different influences and bought them together well, seems like 1 coherant pic, very nice.

Thanks for your kind words, I think I've been getting more inspiration from you and flash though. As for my future being bright, I'm only doing it for fun

I vote that me migrate this thing to "open battle" status and leave it open as long as people contribute to it. I know I would ... as soon as I get a wee bit of time. What do you think?

If you want, I'll even start up a new thread once you're done, using the same concept if that's okay. I'll leave it up to you.

I think we should definitely open this thing up, more people means more inspiration right? well i suppose we should end up producing even better images then

mand and clicky -
    Open Battle it shall be! I'm pretty laid back about it all, and think it's really gotten off to a great start.

nep -
    nice! you really did capture all the elements together. its really great to hear all the talk about inspiration, that was the whole point of this battle: to try something a little outside our comfort zone, try something fresh, experiment around, and just see where it goes

gerbs
    flashlight, make that last image into a 1280x1024 desktop!
    Guess what I just discovered? If you rotate an image in Windows Image and Fax Viewer it automatically and conveniently SCREWS your image. <full story> The native file format in FireWorks has the extension PNG, and contains some sort of preview so that anything that can view a regular PNG(browers even) can view a FireWorks PNG as an image. However, I was looking at my last volley in the Windows Image Screwer(it wasnt open in FW at the moment) and wondered what it would look like sideways, with regular horizontal text(dunno about you, but I awlways mess around with my images to find something that looks decent), and Windows managed to automatically flatten and save-as-rotated my source. </full story>

>flashl!ght<
    All the normal names were taken.
    Ron Paul was right.

clicky2

right on brother..............SWEET OPEN BATTLE................ can't wait. mandi my broda, flash, and anyone............ Let's do this s...t, excuse my french, i'm excited!

Let the battle begin

Last edited by nepzap2; 07-29-2005 at 04:58 PM.

If it's an open battle, just make sure you call dibs on next image.

ah cubes... such perfect simplicity in geometry... I was feeling in an oppositish mood, so what's the opposite of a cube? here's one idea:

As for the callind dibs, good idea. Although it might not be as important since this is more of a 'inspired by previous volley' rather than required to re-use the image, but still a good idea. Especially for anybody who hasn't contributed but are going to, let us know you're coming.

Biggest thing is just to make sure you read the first post and understand what this battle is about before making something.

Cheers! This is so much more fun than clientwork
    >flashl!ght<
    Ron Paul was right.

Great volley flash, its so different from what we've been doing, great choice. You made a stunning image.

As for calling dibs on next volley I'm with flash, no need for it. Maybe we should write a line or two with our volley saying a little about which pic(s) we got our inspirations from.

Inspiration - Math rocks comes from flash's cube image as does the math code, the way he drew the cube reminded me of an old project I done at school. Layout and some images came from one of nepzap's earlier pics.

Opinion - It's ok, bit plain and I think perhaps I should have done more.

im not dead yet!
    </monty python>

I liked the leaf silhouettes mand's volley, and the organic textures of NJP3's...
    >flashl!ght<
    Ron Paul was right.

BTW, mand's talk about 'math' was also a heavy influence, as I attempted to make the previous volley by using alot of math. see attachment(FLA file[EDIT]FLA too big, but heres the SWF... of course you can't change any of the params from the SWF, so you don't get much varience[/EDIT]). didn't turn out as interesting as I had hoped... math was never my strongpoint!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    >flashl!ght<
    Ron Paul was right.

haha very nice.
    mine was a pretty slap-together volley and you did somthing quality with it...props

somehow i saw sunglasses in the brushing at the top of your volley, so i went with it...

obviously the glasses were taken from NJP3 using some in his last volley. The boxes and jagged effect was inspired by both NJP3 and flashl!ght, it's the first time I've tried it and I'm not too happy with it, will need to practice that more. The grunge brush was just for some extra texture, sorry flashl!ght, I'm not good enough at abstract to do without grunge yet!

Last edited by mandissected; 02-25-2005 at 10:55 AM.

Zup

Last edited by nepzap2; 07-29-2005 at 04:59 PM.

mand - i really where you went with the glasses theme. me gusta
    nep - im diggin the font, i prolly would have gone with a deeper red and some more grunge erase on the text, also maybe a thin stroke or dropshadow? thats just IMHO tho. Also a very nice peice, the colors worked well for the theme.