A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: The hardest thing to explain... ever... it's about pop ups... HELP

The hardest thing to explain... ever... it's about pop ups... HELP

ok...

First thing's first... here's my temporary website address... BUT make sure pop-up stopper is on... and use the holding CTRL function to bring up the pop-up windows when you click on the buttons... or else GAIN software pop-ups will be everywhere...

I apologize for the inconvienance... but I need help!!!!

http://www.evolve-group.150m.com

Click on the first button... Discover...

at the top is a banner ad... ignore that... it won't be there on the actual website address obviously... but what I want you to focus in on is what is in the pop-up...it has a logo, plus 2 colors... blue and white...

The blue is actually the background to the flash movie...

The white is a box I made that begins OUTSIDE the stage...

My question... WHY is there a blue border on the left side of the white box?????

My white box is larger in width than my actual stage... and I want the white to stretch ALL THE WAY to the sides of the pop-up... but no matter what I've tried to do... it won't go all the way to the left end of the pop-up window...

WHY???

This is the hardest thing to try to explain... hopefully someone can help... cause im ready to break something...

thanks for reading and trying to help... hopefully you didnt accidentaly click yes on a crappy pop-up and horrible GAIN software wasnt downloaded to your computer... if it was... i am sorry... haha

- angry mikey

It no doubt has something to do with the free server. Try using a popup made right from your flash buttons, instead of with javascript.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yea... i kinda figured it out...

My pop-ups are the no java pop-ups... and it isn't the free server because it happens when I preview the swf in my browser...

however...

the only thing I can think of is this... it is just how pop-ups are made... windows tries to "buttonize" them... because that little sliver of blue wraps on the left side and the top of the window...

I just spaced enough on the bottom and right side so it looks equal...

and i actually like it better with the blue border now... since I can't find any way around it

Thanks for the help though...