A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: could not load scene into memory. your document may be damaged

could not load scene into memory. your document may be damaged

could not load scene into memory. your document may be damaged.
    Then Flash shut down..
    Then the imac freeze!!

..everytime I try to open the document
    Is 3 days of work lost?

Help!?

you put 3 days of work into one file with no copies or anything?

whether or not you lose everything i hope you're learning your lesson lol

i save my files with numbers in filename - save a new number every once in a while and i make sure the file is working so if pmvc_5.fla has some big screwup in it i just go back to pmvc_4.fla which works and get it right

I would hate to lose a file like tat, that much is obvious. But I think this forumer is asking for help, not for a lesson...

But then again, I am afraid that the file in question got somehow corrupted, maybe a cluster in the NTFS system. Seldom, but Shnitt happens.
    I would suggest you try using an extractor or "swf files sniffer" to extract your code or material out of the swf file, and then start again with the material obtained...

otherwise, when THIS happens there is not much else you can do...
    Cordially,
    Abelius
    www.worldkit.com

Originally posted by Abelius
    I would hate to lose a file like tat, that much is obvious. But I think this forumer is asking for help, not for a lesson...
    gee thanks for the attempted crtique of my post there spamboy but nobody cares about your critiques so stick to the subject ropert

Wannabe PHP Wizard
    When this happened to me, the only thing that finally worked was holding down the Enter key until the 300 or so messages went away. Then it opened. I had to removed some currupted files from the library and use a Flash asset pulling program to replace some of it, but it was worth it.

This error sucks more than any error ever before.
    Clinton N Godlesky
    My Stuff:
    http://www.15656.com/clint http://www.statedirt.com
    Personal Development Projects:
    http://www.15656.com/dev

Well done cngodles...

I held down my enter key for a long time until all of the messages went away. Then when I tried to save the fla with a new name, it told me that all of my images in the fla were corrupt and that I should delete them.
    I was able to pull the changes I had made to some navigation into an older version of my fla and replace the older symbols. However, I'm guessing that had I deleted the corrupt images, then re-imported them, I would have been ok, as my timeline and symbols on the corrupt fla were intact.

i've been working on this fla file for about a week and tonight i get a major problem. Could not load scene into memory. you document may be damaged? i can't find any resolution on the web. any ideas

I just ran into this problem myself.

I discovered for me, it had something to do with moving my images around to a different folder.
    (ie: My main flash file was in one folder.. but I had moved some images from a 2007/website/assets folder... to a 2010/website/assets folder.)

So fix it... I would go to the assets/images in question in my "library window", (you can tell what files are in question, 'cause the preview gives an error)
    and then double clicked on the item... I then clicked on "update" (in the window that pops up)... and then using the browser was able to track down the proper location for the image.

Pretty much similar to what the previous two posters had written.

Thumbs up Thank you

Thanks blackbeagle that worked a charm.

My first symptom was that the FLA file would not publish but I couldn't find anything on the net about it. Then I opened the file in Flash CS5 and found that error message. Updated the JPG files that were corrupt and boom baby, we're back online.

Digital Lamb
    www.digitallamb.com

Vote for Shark-Thrasher at http://www.playyoo.com/game.html?id=Mknq

Thumbs up Solutions

I had this problem repeatedly and it was making me mad hatter mad. I did finally figure out what the problem was I think though.

I tried rebuilding from scratch several times and as soon as I imported the images, I'd start getting this error message. I thought I was going to have to rebuild all of my graphics and was honestly feeling sick to my stomach. Thought about changing careers.

But!!

As I was importing .psd's into my flash file, I noticed that some of them had a blank layer. I never really thought it would cause a problem.. it's blank. But, I deselected that blank layer as I migrated images in that had one, and never had the problem again.

I really think this blank layer caused confusion with flash. It didn't know what to do with it. The layer had no instructions..

Anyway, hope it helps someone.

~ Stef

I also got this error when I trying to import or copy sounds from another libraries.... Please Adobe give some solution to it.

Quote Originally Posted by harry_kooner2k View Post
    I also got this error when I trying to import or copy sounds from another libraries.... Please Adobe give some solution to it.
    Me too, I see that this error has been around for a long time. Luckily I backup all my stuff twice per day so it didn't effect me that much but still. I just hope it was a one off.

It said the document may be damaged but it definitely wasn't and I've been able to load it a thousand times before.