A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shakedown-ent.com

www.shakedown-ent.com

Life is an X-periment , so sit back and enjoy !!!

God is real ... unless declared int.

http://www.leihitu.nl

I really really like this site, fun clean...frame rate could have been a bit higher to stop some grinding but very well done!

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    That is a wonderfully fun and creative corporate site! Now I want to try something like that
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

W00t! That preloader's cool!
    And the site is wonderful - clean cut, sharp, innovative layout (or at least the first time I've seen it)..
    Yeah.

It's a very nice site but somehow they miss on the fact that these guys are in to urban dance music.
    This interface makes it look like minimal techno (know what I mean?).

Originally posted by sense
    It's a very nice site but somehow they miss on the fact that these guys are in to urban dance music.
    Right. It don't really work for the urban music scene.

Makes you wonder how objective cool sites forum really is.
    Most people won't look behind the shell.

Would be cool to set up two polls featuring the same websites.
    Then show them on two different forums (one design, one non-design related).
    Think you will be surprised what the result will be.
    Last edited by sense; 02-17-2005 at 09:27 AM.

what did you mean, sense? i don't quite follow..yet.
    Flash MX + ASP + WinXP Pro
    Now Learning PHP & MySQL

Yea, I don't understand what sense is getting at..

Nice site though, I really like the depth that they achieve, it looks quasi-3d. Very slick and clean, and I really like the Toronto skyline as well as the font manipulation at the main page. (the 3 sections that tint/scale the font)

I think he's talking about differentiation between technical & visual qualities. And how programmers would vote much different than designers.

It's either that or I'm completely lost, too.

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    Makes you wonder how objective cool sites forum really is.
    Most people won't look behind the shell.

Would be cool to set up two polls featuring the same websites.
    Then show them on two different forums (one design, one non-design related).
    Think you will be surprised what the result will be.
    You mean to say that, here at a design forum, we care about...the design?! Preposterous!

Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

I can see your point about it not looking really urban, but part of me likes the fact they went more neutral. It feels more professional for presenting themselves as an sound production company. I don't think it comes off as some techno company (voice is pushing it perhaps). I just thought it was really slick.

They also say this:

"Shakedown Entertainment particularly caters to the urban music scene, but is also exceptionally versatile in sound pertaining to other categories of music such as house, pop and dance."

I think this style doesn't pigeon hole them into one category, which is their intent. I'm guessing they've started up mainly working with urban artists, but do want to diversify.

I'm not liking their logo however. Maybe it looks better in print, but onscreen one is not too hot.

www.designerunderground.co.uk
    There's something real weird goin on with the frameset on Safari, I have to scroll way down to get to the site? Looks pretty clean, stylish, prosfessional and simple - diefinitely achieves the neutral look - which is perhaps more flexible in terms of future site&company development
    +
    You are not your job. You are not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You are not the contents of your wallet. You're not your ****ing khakis.

Originally posted by mr. freak
    You mean to say that, here at a design forum, we care about...the design?! Preposterous!

So what you saying is that if the design is good the website is that automatically too?
    That sounds a little weird don't you think.
    How can you care about a well designed site when it completely misses on other points?

That's why I hate the word webdesigner, like if the only thing you do is design. Or maybe you do?

This site, is not bad
    but, give me this feeling :

_too much movement for nothing

_design and navigation a litlle bit
    confuse

usually is strong
    because is clear.

I really like the idea... so many sites have done something similar, but with a little floor reflection they have managed to secure themselves in physical space and that makes for an interesting visual result.
    However, I agree with sense... often we think of how visually interesting it is before we think of how well it fits its demographic.
    Plus the loops got really annoying really quick.

the design studio who made the site has a pretty interesting transition teqnique as well...

http://www.parque.nl/

Nice,but. . im with big_K, BTW long time no seeing K, i was searching your site and your work and have u seen what happened to yopur cousins page? i hope they changed it.
    Ph.

Originally posted by phreakdevil
    have u seen what happened to yopur cousins page? i hope they changed it.
    Ph.
    haha... I only wish I had created such a masterpiece.... I suppose thats what happens when you barely ever update, huh?

thanks for pointing it out.

Dont flame me or anything, but I have a weird feeling about this site, and for some reason some of the elements of the site look familiar to me. Maybe they've been inspired by other sites? Anyone else get that feeling?