A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: XML css for Flash proposal

The Magnificent Bastard

XML css for Flash proposal

After doing some work on a XML drive Flash menu, I got an idea stuck in my head. This probably already exists , if so let me know or drop me a link.

Heres my idea - A styling sheet system for flash applications which are distributed over the net. Like templates , or even games. Basically any flash creation , that can be modified (color/fons) through a external xml file.

Making the XML controll the colors of a flash movie isn't hard for most people surfing these forums. But people that want to use flash apps on their sites and have no knowledge of flash could greatly benefit from such a system.

Basically all that has to be done is a xml tree that covers most elements used in flash movies (such as Backgrounds, foregrounds, fonts) and a system that inform designer what instance names they should give their movie clips + a small actionscript that they can pop in to load a css.xml if its in the local directory.

This is just an idea and may sound stupid, but imagine using one xml file for all your different flash apps on your site, by just changing the color values in one xml file you can get all of those flash apps to looks like they are a part of the site.

Doesn't sound stupid to me...
    Cordially,
    Abelius
    www.worldkit.com