A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: action script "slowing down"

when ever i refer to my astroids in my code that refers to clones it has the [i] command thingy... same with the aliens. do i need a different varriable than the [i], im not really sure what the i means but i think it refers to clones.

does anyone know why that all of a sudden when i added a new set of clones "aliens" my other clones "astroids" collision codes got screwed up. now it seems only one astroid is active all the time. for only one can be shot, then when that one blows up, a different one can be shot, making it seem that only one astroid is actually "active" the whole time.

Before when i only had astroids, you could shoot any of them and they would blow up, why isnt this working now?

Give me a file and I'll look at it.
    visit my homepage -> ejected.de

winzip

i dont have winzip on my computer. Do you know if i would i have to purchase it? Or if its free, do you have a site recommended?

recently i got a new computer and i have pkzip, but its different then the one i used to use, and i cant get it to work with command prompt.
    Last edited by sonic04; 02-23-2005 at 09:37 PM.

WinZip operates on a try and buy model, unfortunately. I don't mess with it. However, a good free utility called TUGZip may help (http://www.tugzip.com/), or just use Windows' Compressed Folders feature (if you have WinXP).
    Jeffrey Davis (3DFA user since 2.x... or was it 3.x?) (Yes, I finally reveal the offline identity of JSDvs9172, being myself of course. Oh, and sorry for stealing your signature idea, blanius, which I see you stopped using.)

ok i got winxp, ill try using that, thanks

That helps. Now to do this, open the folder containing the files you need to pack. Then, position the pointer over the white space in the file listing, press the rightmost button on your mouse, point to New and choose Compressed Folder or similar. Then name the new compressed folder to whatever you want, and blammo! Instant zip file. Now all you have to do is drag the file you want to pack into the compressed folder, upload it here and you're done.

Got that?
    Jeffrey Davis (3DFA user since 2.x... or was it 3.x?) (Yes, I finally reveal the offline identity of JSDvs9172, being myself of course. Oh, and sorry for stealing your signature idea, blanius, which I see you stopped using.)

o boy, i dont think i have the right winxp. the one i found on my computer is like a demo thingy, and some other stuff, its diffently not the think im looking for to zip files, i know theres such a thing as winxp, i guess i just dont have it. I do have windows xp, do u know how i can get it?

Oh okay, sorry to confuse you - you can do whatever works best for you. But to do the compressed folders thing, if you take that route, you have to do it on the desktop, the hard disk, my documents or any other part of the file system (except my computer which can only be modified by Windows as it only contains references to hard disks, cd-roms, floppies, etc.).
    Last edited by JSDvs9172; 02-24-2005 at 10:29 PM.

ooooooooooooo this whole time i thought u were talking about winzip xp. oooooooooooo i have windows xp.

i thought u meant something else sorry

well that makes two of us. I've known computers for a loooooooooooooooong time and I know what user error sounds like.

I don't blame you.

ok yes thanks, ok lopez i got the file thats kinda screwed up for its collisions, here it is:
    Attached Files Attached Files

I changed the code. It's working now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    visit my homepage -> ejected.de

o thanks so much, i forgot to say that i hadnt finished the mothership, but thanks for fixing up my problem.