A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: help with a guided path

help with a guided path

i want to create a simple guided path with a symbol. it has a swirly motion to the guided path. problem: it locking on to the begining and then jumps right to the end instead of following my swirly line that i drew.

how can i get it to follow the entire swirly line rather than skipping and jumping right to the end.

ive done this before, its just been a long time, and i let someone borrow my flash book...

: (

so simple its driving me crazy.

thx!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - gezzi

Make sure that the symbol you are using, that its registration point it attached to the line at the beginning and at the end of your animation, you should see it as if it "snaps", and make sure that you have made the symbol and the line on 2 seperate layers, and your top layer is the line, with the option set to "guided path"

Get it?

make sure your lines are not broken they must a continuous line and none should broken. make a test with a loop or a square to see if you get the results you want then try to do it with the swarl.
    Post no bills

here is your flat back i made some changes and gave you some pointers hope that helps
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Post no bills