A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help trying to achieve an effect

Help trying to achieve an effect

I am trying to create the effect on

http://www.bolidt.nl/root_nl/colour-manager/index.php on the page entitled "deco-colours"

I am completely lost as to how to go about it. The flakes on the bottom lay over the colours when selected, and you can choose up to three. Also they can be independantly coloured. How do I do this?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

hi

I try it and this is what i came up with

Make a dynamic textbox about 250x150, then make two textboxes about 80x80, give each textbox a unique instance name(I named mine as follow for the two 80x80 textboxes i named it for the background one shadow and for the top one t1, for the 250x150 i name it t_color). place shodow and t1 on the edge of the biger box make sure you put the two textboxes last or the illusion will not work well if you get it wrong try to copy paste your textboxe and paste them back that will set their depht to a higher depth than the bigger box, type on the 80x80 the numbers you like i type T 1..

Now highlight all the textboxes and convert them to a movieClip name it c_mc.
    Now create a button that will make the c_mc and the textboxes change colors.
    click on you c_mc and open your action, the type this onClipEvent(load){ this._visible = false;
    }

on the button type this:
    on(release){
    _root.c_mc.t1.border = false;
    _root.c_mc.t1.textColor = 0x0066cc;
    _root.c_mc.t_color.background = true;
    _root.c_mc.t_color.backgroundColor = 0x0066cc;
    _root.t1_mc._visible = true;
    }
    i think thats what they did or you can make a movieClip and chenge its color but this is much easier i think....
    Post no bills

OOPs forgot to attach the flat i was working on....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Post no bills

check my fla file
    Thanks
    Baljit Singh Grewal
    Click here to email me
    Messengers: baljit@bsgrewal.com

thats fantastic much better than what i did, thought i only did a quick look at it, well it seems that theres more than one way to skin a cat ::::
    Post no bills