A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Showing proprietary work on YOUR site?

Showing proprietary work on YOUR site?

My question is about how to go about showing work that you've done in the past on your OWN website, when the work is either very large in scope and/or is proprietary or confidential? In my pursuit of employment, I'm finding that a large percentage of folks want to see a website and/or samples of work along with a resume as a prerequisite to being considered. all fine and good, but if your work is either part of a product, or a site that's behind a firewall, etc. what do you think is the best way of showing it? My preferred method would be, of course, to get an interview and go in and demo off a cd or on my hard drive.

I've resorted to taking screenshots and providing a brief explanation of what the job was, with the hope that whoever is looking at it will want to see more and I can at some point discuss and demo in detail. i could just leave the stuff off my site, but i'm concerned that they will see examples of my print or interface work and not realize that i have other skillsets.

any other ideas? or is less better?

thanks!

Instead of using screen shots and text (boring) use this instead. http://www.debugmode.com/wink/Record how your product works and put a voice over to explain it. This would be a lot more interesting I think and have a better impact.
    "Leading the business of today into the future of tomorrow"