A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: March Madness :: Flashkit Arena Tournament

WOW...now that i've seen my image and everyone else's i have to say this is the coolest battle ever....we should do this ONLY once/twice a year to make it special.

This is gonna be great.....EVERYONE who belongs to flash kit should vote for images.

Should we start Money Wagering, like NCAA B-ball tourneys? lol, I'm ready to start a board!

i def was ranked way to low. i should been 16....

my picture is gonna be ok, i hope.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Well I have to ask from SilverX2's post...(maybe i missed it), how were the rankings decided?

flashkit posts.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

does everybody think wednesday is a good deadline for the images to be submitted? I dont want anybody dropping out because they didnt have time.

I think that Wednesday is a bit too tight, personally. Especially since this was posted over the weekend and people will find out about this on Monday morning... at best.

I know if that's the case, I'll be running it a bit close.

but I'm feeling rather abstract... and I sure as hell don't see how I got a 1 seeding!?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Alright, I'm number two. All praise number two. And believe me, I'll make this big, a big number two.

am i forshadowing what my image will be? yes. number two.
    Last edited by Fruitloops; 02-28-2005 at 03:29 AM.

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Originally posted by gerbick
    I think that Wednesday is a bit too tight, personally. Especially since this was posted over the weekend and people will find out about this on Monday morning... at best.
    Monday morning for me.......erm, if I am whining someone just smack me (I hate whiners), but I have the rC this week as well. I got up this morning and looked at phaty's and my image and .

I'll try to make the Wed. deadline.........Fri. would be beter though.

lucky for me the boss is out of town this week

ok. we can bump it to friday then. Gerbick, I will probably need your help extending the time on the polls because apparently only admin's can modify them.

Originally posted by Dricciotti
    ok. we can bump it to friday then. Gerbick, I will probably need your help extending the time on the polls because apparently only admin's can modify them.
    They're set to stop polling 7 days after Feb. 27th (Sunday to Sunday)... but do you need more time?

And if so, which days?

I hope this isn't anal or even if it's possible at all. However, I was wondering if there is a way to post both opponent's images at the same time. I mean, what if someone posts Wednesday or Thursday, then the opponent gets to see the image and can work around it. Is this going to far?

lefteye is right, i'm afraid, unless we are willing to run the honor system here and say no votes on an image until both in that particular bracket are seen.

Or some cooperation between players could do it. Or we all have to post on sunday, and we vote after that.
    Last edited by Fruitloops; 02-28-2005 at 10:36 PM.

I hope this isn't anal or even if it's possible at all. However, I was wondering if there is a way to post both opponent's images at the same time. I mean, what if someone posts Wednesday or Thursday, then the opponent gets to see the image and can work around it. Is this going to far?
    I agree here (actually made a post about it that never went through due to overly busy server... what up FK?): perhaps you could simply set a post date as opposed to a deadline. In other words, post on this day, at this time, as much as possible.

Also I think making the poll threads as volely only threads is good idea. No one's commented there yet it seems anyway.
    >flashl!ght<
    All the normal names were taken.
    Ron Paul was right.

to echo the above three... a post date and a deadline for votes would be good.

so post all on one day, open voting on the next day, allow voting for 2-3 days. close voting, and then restart.

it'll make the battle last a big longer though.

I think it's the only fair way, if March happens to go into April...so what...the Super Bowl went into February.
    Last edited by lefteyewilly; 02-28-2005 at 11:30 PM.

That is a good point. What you can do is talk to your opponent and on Friday send a link to your image (or vice-versa) to your opponent and he can post both at the same time, along with a link to the origional image.

Or, if you nobody wants to deal with talking to their opponent, you can PM me links to all of the images and I can put them up on Saturday morning

The only problem is some people don't have a website to post my image (like me). So, for me I'd actually have to post it.

contact me via PM, and I'll host it for you.

well, i just did my volley. of course im not happy with it but technically I can be done... so theWaste, whenever you are ready!

BTW, some great stock photo choices there... can't wait to see what some of you people do with it.
    >flashl!ght<
    All the normal names were taken.
    Ron Paul was right.

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    I can host images if need be.......between Gerbs and myself we can take care of anyone who needs to have an image hosted.

phaty......PM me and we can set up a time to post our match....