A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Why is my movieclip duplicating? Is it swapDepths?

Why is my movieclip duplicating? Is it swapDepths?

Okay, this is one heck of a complicated problem, so I'm gonna try my best to explain.

Basically, I've got a movieclip on the root called mcClip, let's say. I'm using Flash's drawing functions to allow the user to colour in this clip with their mouse (like a paint program) which creates a series of movieclips inside mcClip with the user's scribbles and fills.

Now, when I duplicate this clip to provide a 'print preview' the dynamically created subclips don't show up. To get around this problem (which I've given up on) I have chosen to simply swapDepths and shift the _x of mcClip into my print preview box, and then move it back once the user closes the box. The problem is, once I close the box, there is suddenly a duplicate of mcClip on the root!!!

So, I've attached my .fla, which has about 460 lines of semi-commented code in, in the hopes that someone can tell me why this is happening. Note that I've removed lots of graphics and sounds from the file to keep the size down.

mcButtonPrint's onRelease function contains the code to print the clip, so perhaps this is where the problem lies. If not, I'm stuck!

Thanks,
    Aragorn
    Attached Files Attached Files