A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's the hottest design studio besides 2A?

Who's the hottest design studio besides 2A?

what companies have the hottest portfolio showcasing exciting flash designs and websites besides 2 advancedstudios?
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

as if this hasnt been asked a billion times before

if you like 2A, you'll love gmunk.com (not as much the main site but the portofolio has some crazy stuff)

my personal pick would be
    http://www.xyleminteractive.com/

they are extremely creative.
    >flashl!ght<
    All the normal names were taken.
    Ron Paul was right.

this is cool i would think they would have a larger portfolio than that with the good quality of work they put out.

this question has been posted before? do u have a link to what the responses were??? better yet, anybody have a bookmark full of links to their favorite flash sites?? please post a few!

just look for fresh new ideas...
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Well i am not a fan of WEbFEats or sth, but i think that it is erecting a brave new style in the industry.

www.webfeatsdesign.com

Coming Sooooon!!!
    I hate spam in the [ Cool Sites ] Section.

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    Look out for that portfolio to drastically increase whenever I can get around to updating it

Anyway, the big studios in my mind are, aside from 2A, www.flashlevel.com , www.group94.com , www.funktion12.com , www.fantasy-interactive.com , www.widegroup.net , www.blitzds.com ... and then www.neostream.com isn't so big, but I love it!
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

webfeats? just a designer, hardly a studio.

http://www.northkingdom.com/ produce some of the best sites

Last edited by sense; 03-11-2005 at 06:25 AM.

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    Yup, it's 2005, and they're still huge and I still love them!
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

so who is 2A's biggest competition? or have they crushed all the competition on the net?

Originally posted by J-Luv
    so who is 2A's biggest competition? or have they crushed all the competition on the net?
    WTF? Have you got everyone on ignore or did you not think about looking at any of the companies people posted above.

Originally posted by flashab
    WTF? Have you got everyone on ignore or did you not think about looking at any of the companies people posted above.

hahahaha....nah, somebody was looking over my shoulder so thas all i could type at the moment. a handful of those sites i had seen before but hadnt been to in a while. i was hoping there was something out there that was far more advanced than 2 advanced or just as strong. but those guys have some strong portfolios and some different styles which is kinda cool.

i was hoping there was something out there that was far more advanced than 2 advanced or just as strong. but those guys have some strong portfolios and some different styles which is kinda cool.
    Design has always been subjective. 2A might or might not be great, but their style might not appeal to everyone or appeal to a certain target audience the client is hoping to reach. Those other sites (as well as many smaller ones you don't really hear about) all have different styles yet they all do the same thing: communicate to the viewer. Sites don't have to be flashy and super animated intensive to deliver a message. I for one got a kick out of "forofficeuseonly.com". they did a piece on Tall buildings for MOMA that is not super flashy, but gets their point accross very cleanly using bar charts, sillouettes of the buildings, etc. (i'm just using this as an example because that's the one i got lost in. I have to get back to work. heh..)

Probably the reason why 2A style is popular because it is always eye catching. They know how to catch the eyes of the general public.

I think another reason why 2A appears so "big" is probably how they market themselves. They definitely make their prescense known to the market. Some other firms are laid back with their marketing approach and so that's why we do not hear much about these other companies. But I noticed each firm tends to market a certain skill or quality of what they do and specialize in.

So just because 2A has a bigger presence doesn't mean that they are the greatest. I think we can all make other comparisions of people or companies, who do mediocre or good work but has the appearance of doing excellent work. I hope that made sense.
    ------------------------
    www.jinchuu.com
    ------------------------

Bradley Grosh in my opinion beats 2Advanced. I am in no way saying that 2A is bad ofcourse, all I am saying is that Bradley Grosh's style on his own site is a lot cooler than 2A's however he designed his site back in 2001.

Check out this intro, also designed by Bradley - www.8edge.com

For years designers have been debating on the fact that 2A ripped his style. However, now if you read interviews by Eric you'll see there he says that Bradley's work is part of his favourite designers list.

Incase you dont know, Bradley Grosh is www.gmunk.com

I am a pretty big fan of http://www.braingiants.com
    there work is very strong and it seems to be getting stronger!!

group94 it is

Well, 2A hasn't released any updates on their site since November which either means they're working on a lot of big stuff or they're not doing much of anything (I'll let you guess to which hehehe).

I'd say that for me personally, the level of detail and depth that fantasy-interactive put into the road runner site elevated them to the top for me.

group94 is the hottest I think... and what happened to wddg? They used to do some great work but we hardly hear of them anymore