A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Basic Quiz Application

Basic Quiz Application

Hi folks,

I need some urgent help. I am conducting a quiz at my school. I need a basic application that has the following features:

1) A nice small intro showing the name of the quiz with some sound
    2) Accepts name of the quiz as a parameter
    3) Accepts the background image as a parameter
    4) Accepts as parameter a sound file for correct answer and one for incorrect answer
    5) Accepts question number that needs to be displayed on the screen, we can type in a box and click a button to show.
    6) Accepts a text file as a parameter containing questions, question number and 4 possible answers. A record may also contain an optional image or audio file that needs to be shown/played for 'X' seconds
    I will manage creation of data in the file in the format required.

Possibilities that need to be covered:-
    Normal question:
    question number,question,answer1,answer2,answer3,answer4
    Image question:
    question number,question,answer1,answer2,answer3,answer4,im age file,X
    Audio question:
    question number,question,answer1,answer2,answer3,answer4,au dio file,X

X is the number of seconds to display/play

There should be correct, incorrect button along with each question in the bottom right of the screen to display 'Correct' and 'Oops, Incorrect' on the screen and play the corresponding sound file.
    Each screen should also have the box for typing in the question number that is to be shown next.

The application will run on my laptop and hence wont require any preloaders etc. I will announce the question number I am going to ask and my frined will type that in to display the question on the screen. He will know whether the answer given is correct or incorrect and will click the corresponding button.

One more button should be there that will take me to a screen with just the quiz name. the text box for typing the question number should be there.

i dont know much flash right noe and dont have time to learn the same as well. any help will be appriciated.

Jayant Gandhi

Fyi, I am moderator @ phpbuilder.com which is owned by the same guys as flashkit. fire me any questions pertaining to php and i will be happy to help.
    Last edited by jayantg; 03-11-2005 at 05:51 AM.

I have ear-mites! Help! MONSTERBOY's Avatar
    who's gonna do such a big thing for free? how much money you offering?

i am not getting any money out of conducting the quiz and hence can't give any $$$

all i can give are a couple gmail invites and php related help