A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] Loading Problems

Loading Problems

First of all, here's the related link GCK Asylum

The other day it was working fine and dandy, now, since yesterday and today, my flash will not load in Internet Explorer, but WILL load in FireFox... at first I thought it was a plugin problem, but there's other third party flash on my site that loads just fine, and I can load flash fine on other websites and also other people notice my flash will not load in IE but will in FireFox... I never changed that code... what's wrong??

You refer to different movies at different locations in the same embed code. Thats probably why.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Nah, that's not it. Well I just changed it (i was experimenting earlier this morning that's why one embed code had a different movie) but the other code was untouched and I've even tried changing the version code too. (It was originally 5,0,0,0 and then I tried 6,0,0,0 and 6,0,29,0 that I found in other scripts) Nothing seems to work for IE.

I'm completely stumped.

Originally posted by pellepiano
    You refer to different movies at different locations in the same embed code. Thats probably why.

Banned
    In other words you haven't set the same path on your movies in the object and embed tags...

You're missing themes/FoxTech/... as the path in your object tag (used by IE), which you've only added to your embed tag.

Originally posted by oldnewbie
    In other words you haven't set the same path on your movies in the object and embed tags...

You're missing themes/FoxTech/... as the path in your object tag (used by IE), which you've only added to your embed tag.
    OMG! I can't believe I didn't even see that... thank you sooooo much!! Wow... I feel dumb now hehe. Thanks a bunch