A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Shaking the Browser Window

Hybrid View

Shaking the Browser Window

Hi, i have spent ages trying to figure out the Shaking the Browser Window tutorial but with no luck. i was wanting it for www.nw-elitesquad.com , when the shutter opens and closes i would like the browser too shake. but the code isnt workin. any tips would be really appreciated.

Banned
    First you need to add the javascript function in that tutorial in the html that holds your movie, which you haven't done!

Next in your closing doors clip, add the following on the frame where the doors are completely closed, and on the frame where they're completely opened...

getURL("javascript:shake_xy(3)");

A bigger number than 3, should make for a bigger shake.
    Last edited by oldnewbie; 03-11-2005 at 04:06 PM.

Ok thanks ill try this now. Also you helped me out before with a code to make the movie full screen and it worked a treat. Thx again for the fast responce your very helpfull.

Thanks it worked a treat, i got it up first time . is it possible too delay the shaking for a second or 2? its just when i was testing it i tryed to get the shaking bang on the frame the shutter opens and the words slide in with the noise going, but it seems when the shaking stops the image jumps back a touch as the shaking had stopped it loading fully. Apart that it is perfect and if cant be done then no problem, thanks again for help.