A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: WWII cartooon fist test

WWII cartooon fist test

I dont think i have told any of you on flashkit but right now i am making a WWII movie that i wope will go on the top 100 of all time onnewgrounds. I just finished my first test for the movie and this is the soldier running. I want this to be perfect so if you notice anything wrong (little or big) please tell me. The charecter took 3 days to make "computer nerd style' working on it like all day since i got home from school. And then the soldier running took about 4 hours. Well anyway i hope you like this. The end repeats.

using 40 fps i made this

www.albinojoe.com/test.swf...
    i noticed it looked alittle laggy on the net. Anyone know how to make it not lag? thanks

Top 100 wow good luck. The animation you posted, the guy looks like he is stuck to a wall or is hanging from a wall, you need to give him some weight.

You mean something like this?

test
    Last edited by fusciart; 03-13-2005 at 11:18 AM.

I think that he means that the movement doesnt look natural. when you walk you move more than the legs and hands, and if you run you move more. Maybe you can add some motion to the head too.

The test that you posted is too fast and doesnt look fluid.
    It is a shame that colors have names

yea it was just a test to see what i could do. Its basicly my first time working with charecter models. But thanks for all the negative feedback. Itll help me later

Did you use tweens? Just a tip, Its VERY hard to make walking animations with tweens that look natural. Nice character though.

no didnt use tweens and its running

Hi,

If you want this to be perfect you have a long way to go. Looks like he's made of cardboard hinged at the joints. Sorry to be ruthless but if you want to get better you've got to be able to take criticism, good and bad.

You need some training in fluidity, weight, human action to name but three. Take a look here:
    Karmatoons

Once you've gone through that, take a look at an analysis of a real person running:
    Muybridge animation
    Compare it with what you have done. Be honest! And good luck...

G