A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huge Project: Possible?

Insignificant Member Joshman_123's Avatar
    Thanks guys.

I guess what I've got in my mind, and I'm being brutally honest, is I want to eventually make games for a living. I've only messed around with Flash for about a year, and most of that is web design. I'm not a good programmer, or basically anything really. Compared to most Flash users out there, I suck.

But I've had a few awesome concepts. Basically, I know what the people want. For example: When Fable on Xbox came out in Australia, I played it and as soon as I played it I knew what features of the game people wouldn't like, and I was right about all of them.

I can see what I'd want a game to turn out like in my mind. It frustrates me though, when I can't voice my ideas and concepts.

I suppose if I were to pursue a career in game development, I would be concept artist, web designer, graphic design or maybe project leader (I'm aware that project leaders usually have to know a bit of everything).

Does anyone else know what I mean?
    I have like, a gazillion posts on my other account.

Originally posted by Joshman_123
    Thanks guys.
    I know what the people want. For example: When Fable on Xbox came out in Australia, I played it and as soon as I played it I knew what features of the game people wouldn't like, and I was right about all of them.
    I bet every player also noticed those features. But it is totally different to discover bad features, than make a totally new, great features. You have to know something about optimazing code, just not to hog every CPU power You got to see a little dot flashing in the radar.

Also I think no one will code couple of months some a great feature, that turns out to be not-so-good-after-all.

Originally posted by Joshman_123

Does anyone else know what I mean?
    Yep, We've heard You. But huge projects usually has a bad habit of getting bigger than You have planned... way much bigger!

I've bet there is no Coder that whant's to spare two years of his life to make a MMORPG on a platform where Sources can be stolen easily. And when the huge game is finished, it would likely be already got old for the players. You will never know (Yes, even YOU) what types of games Players would like to play on the Internet Browser.
    Last edited by TeroLebe; 03-21-2005 at 05:40 AM.

Cool, Devmaster was linked to

Anyway, this is probably a worthwhile read if you're thinking along the MMORPG games:
    http://www.devmaster.net/forums/inde...showtopic=2930

I'll plug DevMaster a bit more later

Originally posted by TeroLebe
    [B]I bet every player also noticed those features. But it is totally different to discover bad features, than make a totally new, great features.
    Never mind, I know what I mean.

Dude im 20 i say you can do what ever you put your mind to just dont let people know your 15 instead give them a example of what you want to do get there intrest and do it there are plenty of coders and animators that will do this for free just search for them.

How do I know you're 20? Haha jokes, but thanks for the advice.