A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

David,...This is going to be very nice. I'm extremely anxious to get into 2.0. I absolutely love FLASH and it's power,..but absolutely hate it's over complicated scripting. Making a program very complicated,..does not necessarily make it "professional" as Macromedia would have us to believe. If a result can be achieved in an easier fashion, then it would be silly not to do it that way. The fact that SWiSH is often perceived as the amateur program for Flashers, seems to be linked in the lack of "control" that it offers. In truth,...I tend to use Flash when I need a few more controls and serious editing features, but I have always liked SWiSH more for it's sheer power and simplicity for quick and dirty work!! Now as 2.0 looms near, I pray that I can go to SWiSH for everything!!! I have loved this program from the beginning and wait in great anticipation for 2.0!! SWiSH to me has always been professional grade, but with 2.0 in the offing,..I think the doubters will be quite jealous!! But who cares about them anyway??!!!

Looks great! Can't wait for it to come out!!!

David.....

The interface looks wonderful. I love your idea about creating an editing feature similar to live motion. Of course, I also want to see some way to do independent animation. Something inline with creating movie symbols. I have no idea about what work is involved so reguard/disreguard this as you see fit. I cant wait to play with it and see what I can do. ~Jer~

More screenshots !!

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    DM,
    looks like a fun thing to play with, can't wait too much longer, the suspense is killing me.
    What a feast we will have.
    david p

pr0mpt

like nukem said....

can we get some more screen shots?
    PLEASE???

we crave to see and learn more!
    and ehhh
    when can we give this baby a testdrive
    ;P

It's looking absolutely awsome, and I hope you and your crew will get the recognition you all deserve, cuz NO SWISH AINT NO PLUG-IN!
    hehe

I betya this thing will take the ShockWave Flash market by storm!! It is, and will undoubtedly be the most promising Flash-like tool!!
    and the easiest!!

great job you guys!

Makes me wanna toss back a round of Cuervo shots! I haven't been this excited sense I got my first issue of Playboy. =]~

Looking great guys. Well done
    Anyone considered rulers/draggable guides/ a cursor position co-ordinates box a la photoshop? It would sure be handy for setting out your pages.

Kudos, David, this looks truly awesome. I kept trying to click the buttons to see what would happen!

Jer, I think (trying to control my breathing as I type this) that it DOES have movie clips, what David is calling sprite objects! Take a look at the different icons for the objects, one of them is a piece of movie film, and if you look over to the right, there are specs for a movie in the lower right properties box. I think that's a movie within a movie, which I think were David's exact words.

Yes, David, I think the idea you have for "graphicalizing" the transform would be fantastic. And if you guys are still "mixing the cement," (please understand I'm not being ungrateful here, I am completely thrilled with what's on the horizon for Christmas) have a look at this thread on a way to do complex motion paths:

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...threadid=24511

I don't know if it's doable or not, but it may be something that can be integrated if you're still adding stuff -- might fit in nicely with the graphicalized transform stuff you were mentioning.

Anyway, this is totally awesome. And I must say, it's a rather unique looking interface to me, one of the nicest I've seen. It has a timeline like many programs, but it also has property boxes that are not like Flash at all, as well as a cool looking sorter, great icons... this is going to be great.

Thanks for posting this shot David, and keep 'em coming if you feel the urge, we're chompin' at the bit now.

I finally know what I want for Christmas...

Wow...I guess everyone's going to have a field day with new tutorials for this. From a learning standpoint, I'm wondering if keeping version 1.5 available might be a good idea. Version 1.5 is terrific for learning all of the basics of swish...but I wonder if ver 2 is going to be intimidating for newbies.

Now that I've seen the screenshot, I'll need to go change my pants.

More evidence of movie clip (sprite object)

Jer, if you look at the timeline, you'll see that the elements are part of the sprite object, and above them, there's a "move one folder up" icon, which I think implies that there's another time line above this one.

That looks to me like a movie clip!

I can't remember who suggested it, but that "Loop X times" command would be really cool if it's doable, especially on a movie clip. You could, for example, have a little sphere race around the border three times and then stop independent of the rest of the movie, but it would only take up the file size of going around once, because it would have a "Loop 3 times" command built into the sprite object timeline. That would save creation time and keep file size smaller. In short, that would rock.

Whew, this is awesome. Going back to gaze at the screenshot some more...

I just un-installed my Flash5 trial!
    This & Director is all I will ever need!...ziggy

Originally posted by flashopper
    that "Loop X times" command would be really cool if it's doable, especially on a movie clip...
    Sorry to stay on this, but just thought I'd add: if this is at all doable, it could be an option on the "goto frame" action. That way, you could start at frame 0, play until, say, frame 100, then have a "goto" that takes it back to frame 30, plays to 100 again, then does that 2 more times, because "Loop "3" times" was selected. Then the movie continues playing at frame 101, after which more loops can be selected further down the line.

Don't even know if it's doable in the flash player, but a very interesting idea, thanks to whomever originally posted it...

Question for David "The Man"

Question for David "The Man"
    David with this version of Swish can you import Bitmaps?

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

Great, what we have all beem waiting for...

er... what more can I say?

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

Ziggy!

Do you really need director?

I have just put together a 7 minute 50mb swish presentation for a fitness health club (and got free membership for my wife and I for a year!) (and I need it!)

All done in swish, with preload everything! And it works on thier mickey mouse 233 pentium laptop!

I can't believe my eyes I'm jumping for joy. I want it. I want it. Please 'Daddy' can I have it NOW!!!!

I can see it now ... "Swish Forum triples Flashkit membership!"

Free upgrades?

will there be free upgrades?

David

I almost got into serious trouble at work when I saw the preview[You know how bored Engineers get and exactly how excited we get when we see something new]. You have got a definite winner with the next version of SWiSH. Take all the time you need to get this out. Can't wait for the Alpha Testing to start.

Check out this 2.0Face!
    http://swishtips.com/stface.png
    Hey DavidM!...purdy purdy pleeze!...
    I'd rather work with Dark greyscale all day than white/lite any 'ol day...????
    Hey Almark...
    I'm using Director for the most part to be able to add LingoScript to my SWiSH pieces plus use the MU server...
    & there is an DirectorXtra for Beatnik! + some other goodies!
    SWiSH will always be my "Hammer"!...Director is just my "Really BIG Hammer" for those stubborn jobs!
    I just bought D7 for cheap...tried 8 which can do some wild stuff & just heard that 9 is right around the corner!
    YeeHaw! D9 & SWiSH 2.0 about the same time!...ziggy
    2001 is gonna be fun!...Hey!...that rhymes!