A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Community Project] Minigame Marathon: Redux

Cool project, may be I can come up with something too.

Just wanted to point out a bug. In phobiks click me game I suddenly had a black screen when the game started. After the five seconds it switched to the next game and I lost a life.
    Can't say wether it was the minigame or the app itself that did something wrong.

greets
    I do stuff that does stuff...

J-Force

The games are coming out great. I had a similar idea to yours PhobiK, but changed it (good thing too). I liked decender, it involves mental and physical reflexes. I can't wait to see these in action.

Here's another one.

http://www.geocities.com/andross_88/...s/BallsUp.html
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by andross_88; 03-23-2005 at 08:49 PM.

Andross: Like your game, very original. Maybe you might want to touch up the basketball pics, so you don't see the white around it. Other than that it looks very cool.
    Andrew Webster
    Impressive Click

Thanks MD, i also had that problem once but as it didn't happen again i thought it wouldn't be much a trouble but even though, i corrected it and attached the corrected file (i wish it doesn't happen now). I also watched your MD and it's much better, no problem with it.
    swcAnrew, i liked your game too, it fits perfectly with the marathon games and your is also nice andross, like the idea of three simultaneous balls.
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations

smile for the camera! jesserules's Avatar
    a dark place where people have trouble in flash
    ok, is this a good game? it doesn't have a timer, but it ends after a certain amount of time, anyway
    My site
    The Current Project is RoboRace.
    Screens Public Beta Coming Soon!

Hey jesserules, I can't seem to get your game started. It keeps saying "You Lose" when I test it. Other than that, make more games.

Nice work guys, the new games are in and very nice they all are too! I had to make a few minor changes to some of them. Andross, your basketball game was in flash7 and wasn't preloading properly. I was going crazy looking for the non existent bug!

PhobiK, your kickups game had victory set to false from the beginning. I only changed that one little bit. Otherwise, I have to say I thought your graphics were nicely done.

swcAndrew, nice work, just one minor change: Victory had to be set to true as the last button was clicked, not afterwards.

MD004, that final touch on your game where the plane flies off is beautiful.

Willoughby, you had more games?! Send them over! The ones in there right now are "samurai v/s auto" (aka Hey! Samurai!) and "Shoot The Boss".

Strille, nice suggestions, I'd been thinking about the practice mode. Having a list of games and information is a great idea. I like the concept of prioritising games too - maybe this could be done using a shared object on the users computer which lets the holder know which games have been played before?

Ihoss, it's difficult to distribute something of this nature because of the number of files involved, and the number of people who's work it contains. I kind of like the idea of it being a flashkit exclusive - after all it's created by us all for us all

Edit: Jesserules, I've just had a look at your game. Some interesting ideas there, but you've used way too many keys!
    Last edited by kdsh7; 03-23-2005 at 09:04 PM.

Thanx kdh7! your game's graphics are pretty done too. I only wanted to ask you a favor. In the game of key racing could you please remove from the code the next lines please???
    Code:
        c = 0;
        while (c<4) {
            if (Key.isDown(keyArray[c]) and keyArray[c]!=keyToPress and count>1) {
                count = 0;
                vel = -10;
            }
            c++;
        }
    I thought making the kart go back was a good idea but it's almost impossible to win the game when it's in the most difficult level so could you remove the lines above please. Thanx in advance.
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations

Yeah, I noticed a bug on mine also. I want the game to end when the player presses a button that does not = the correct ammount. Say for example their is a 4 button and I click on a 2 button then I lose. Can you just fix that for me? Thank a bunch.
    Andrew Webster
    Impressive Click

Few things:

-PhobiK: I liked it with the penalty, made it a challenge, or maybe i'm just to good with a keyboard perhaps you should just make it go back only a tiny bit, i dont know.

-PhobiK: The timer covers up the shadow in your game where you click the ball.

-I noticed that my game, and the game where you click the circles in decending order, have desciptions that go off the screen, either the text should be smaller so you can see it or we should change our games to have shorter desciptions.

-I found a bug in my own game so i fixed it, and while i was at it I shortened my description so it won't go off the screen.

Great games everyone
    ~MD
    Last edited by MD004; 03-24-2005 at 07:54 PM.

I'm with Phobik, making the kart go back is a bad idea, only reward normal presses, it can get frustrating when you hit the right key, only to see that it has JUST changed.

to be honest, i think the games are getting too complicated.

swcAndrew's one has a really long title, which needs to be shortened. I failed that one because I could read the title.

In the actual Wario Ware game, you instinctivly know what to do. I'm not just having a go at swcAndrew, but all the new games need to be more simple. And easier
    "wen i found my gerbil dead my other gerbil was eating it i just cried and screamed"
    http://www.livescripts.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by some moderator : Today at 9:01 PM.

I think all the games are great so far. Just one or two seem hardly possible to win to me.

Actually it might be ways to complicated for this series but here is what I came up with so far:
    Indy Jump

Its up to you to evaluate if it fits and if its playable and bug reporting. May be the level is a little too big or the controls too complicated for the fk mini series.

greets
    I do stuff that does stuff...

J-Force

Originally posted by LeechmasterB
    I think all the games are great so far. Just one or two seem hardly possible to win to me.

Actually it might be ways to complicated for this series but here is what I came up with so far:
    Indy Jump

Its up to you to evaluate if it fits and if its playable and bug reporting. May be the level is a little too big or the controls too complicated for the fk mini series.

greets
    Change the color of either Indy or the background - I can't really see him.
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

Just quickly - I've made those 2 changes. Phobik's game is a lot more fun to play now, and likewise for swcAndrew's Decender.

Leechmaster, I haven't had the chance to check yours out yet - will do when I get home.

Just some opinions:

Dodge by Squize: a bit too easy
    Kill enemy ninjas: a bit too hard on the easiest level
    Click on decending numbers: Just too easy when it's only 3 numbers. Maybe you could have 4 or 5 numbers as a minimum.

Click on the ball: The game should end when the ball hits the ground
    TossThrow: Maybe change the description to "Click to toss" or "Click to throw"

Bugs:
    Watch the cups: Sometimes the time is up before I get to choose a cup.
    Choose: Sometimes the game starts with the loose button visible and nothing happens.
    I don't know if these two bugs happens because of the loader or bugs in the games.

I'm at work, but as soon as I get home, I'll change mine to "Press n' Release" rather than Toss/Throw. I agree with Strille that Toss/Throw doesn't mean much and isn't very insightful for the player.

kdsh7 is it easier for me to email you the .swf?

kdsh7, I saw your post about mine being in Flash Mx 2004 format so I went ahead I saved the basketball game in Flash Mx format. Here it goes.

Originally posted by crashlanding
    swcAndrew's one has a really long title, which needs to be shortened. I failed that one because I could read the title.

In the actual Wario Ware game, you instinctivly know what to do. I'm not just having a go at swcAndrew, but all the new games need to be more simple. And easier
    Crashlanding: I know what you are talking about concearning the bug. I noticed that too. Although, I disagree when you say they are too compicated. I felt all the games are very easy to learn, even when I can't read the instructions. I am not just saying that because my game has a cut-off instruction but I also noticed quite a few with the same problem.

That is just my opion though, although I wouldn't be able to relate this to Wario-Ware because I never played Wario-ware before.
    Andrew Webster
    Impressive Click

smile for the camera! jesserules's Avatar
    a dark place where people have trouble in flash
    ok, fixed my game. do you need to call the endGame() function or does it call itself? i just set the victory var to true or false. plz edit my game so it works.
    My site
    The Current Project is RoboRace.
    Screens Public Beta Coming Soon!