A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: [Community Project] Minigame Marathon: Redux

Official Shoe Shiner thehumanchimp's Avatar
    what if you just use "value" - you shouldn't need to call it _root.value, just value

could you upload the .fla
    Message on a gravestone: I finished before you in the human race.

Using: Flash MX

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    hmmm, how about if you put the whole game into a new mc, and then put the variable on the first frame of that timeline. then you can use _parent.value

Ali

oh damn i forgot the fla last time, ive got the fla attached now.

see if you can figure it.
    If our body is a clock ticking away and if while we experience all that this world has to offer time has still continued to pass, are we living or just experiencing a slow death?

whats wrong with the one you uploaded?? You haven't got any _root. variables (as far as i could see) and it seems to work.

You will need to get rid of the first and the last frames, and lower the number of balls to click, probably only 5 would be the maximum i think for a 5 second game. Then just add in the gameInfo, the startGame function, the endGame function, and then you are done.

Here's a version of minesweeper I did a while ago when I was first learning flash, converted for the minigame format:

http://chimpbot.atbcp.net/gameupload...inesweeper.swf

A bit dull, yes I know. I'll do something interesting this weekend.

The validator is great BTW!

Originally posted by happinessSam
    Here's a version of minesweeper I did a while ago when I was first learning flash, converted for the minigame format:

http://chimpbot.atbcp.net/gameupload...inesweeper.swf

It's cool and will do fine for the contest. But could you may be add this line:
    Code:
    if (this == _level0) {
    	startGame(2);
    }
    I had to upload the game in the validator to make it run. If you add the line above it will run right away.

Looking forward to your next game.

greets
    I do stuff that does stuff...

J-Force

Kakihara, your idea and the whole game is cool!, but many things don't fit to the requirements, so I made a few modds to your file just for you to watch it and take it if you like it, and to fit the specifications. You can use it or make a new one if you want.
    Basically i changed the movie size, erased all the balls but one that changes into all the balls, removed the main menu and the last frame (because i think it won't be necessary with such a short time in the game marathon), made all the script in functions in the first frame, made a background (because the gray background color of your movie won't be seen in the marathon), removed the time and score because that won't be needed in the marathon, put the score in the top because the time bar in the marathon won't let it be seen, and added the necessary functions.
    You can only take it as an example and modify the one you have if you want or you can modify this one.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations

Here's my mini game for the minigame marathon (it's basically just a slightly different version of the train game in the original Wario Ware).
    I hope the code is all correct, please could someone tell me if I've done a mistake with some of it.

Thank you.

please could someone tell me if I've done a mistake with some of it

Why don't you use the new app, made by thehumanchimp to see for yourself.
    Andrew Webster
    Impressive Click

Patron Saint of Beatings WilloughbyJackson's Avatar
    Hey Kevin,

I just got back home and I found out (to my dismay) I've missplaced all of my mini-games... O_O

Will find them tomorrow.

-pXw

Play - Live - Work - Enjoy

Here's the latest game.

I'm not sure how to increase the speed when the difficulty increases. So the higher the difficulty, the faster the man runs, can anyone help me with that?

Also, the game is quite difficult with three lives, even Wario Ware has four lives, I think more lives would be less frustrating or a way to gain an extra live.

Hey, when will you put up my game? ->Indy Jump

I did a minor bugfix on difficulty level 0 and 1. Now it should suit the minigames standarts. What your testing is difficulty 2 so it should not be too hard or big for the minigames since it works in 5 seconds for me.

The latest source is attached here or in the earlier post.

greets
    I do stuff that does stuff...

J-Force

phobik i cant open the fla, its doing that annoying thing where it opens a new blank file instead of testing the movie.

ive got some very good responses on this little game i made yesterday, a couple of the guys said it should be in this minigame marathon thing, again ill have to change things to fit requirements.

heres the link:http://img163.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...balldog7nl.swf

use the arrow keys to move.

by the way could someone explain how exactly the fla file should be set out as i dont understand what im supposed to do.

thank you.
    If our body is a clock ticking away and if while we experience all that this world has to offer time has still continued to pass, are we living or just experiencing a slow death?

gaming monkey could you upload those flas in MX format please...

Oops, yeah I always forget to save as MX.

and...

Hey gaming monkey, in the rock drop game you can make the man run faster according to the difficulty by adding something like this in the startGame() function:

Code:
        speed = 5*(difficulty+1);
    number 5 is only an example, you can use any number you like.
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

That's great, thanks Phobik. I'll use that for taxi!! aswell, thank you.

No problem . Just one thing, i couldn't open the taxi file, i think it's happening the same that happened to kakihara with the file i modified .

Weird, I posted and nothing showed up?

Apologies for the delay - I've been busy working on another of my projects but here are the updates:

I've been working on debugging some of the other games. Uridiri Gambler (sorry about any spelling mistakes!) has been modified slightly hopefully removing that bug where it would sometimes freeze at the start.

Gaming Monkey, Taxi required some tweaking - you need to make your games run in flash player 6! Also declare your variables in the startGame function instead of before. Nice game though! I've uploaded the modified fla so if you want to make changes you can keep the changes I've done.

Kakihara, I'll wait for you to add your own gameInfo details to Phobik's modified file before I add in your numbers game. Your other game looks like it would make a nice minigame too.

Leechmaster, I hope you don't mind, I've modified some of the graphics to make them lighter and turned the darts to yellow? I think the game is good as a platformer, and it could make a great minigame but I still think it's much too hard! Even with practice I have a lot of difficulty finishing the level. How would you feel about taking the darts about completely? Even with just the spikes it's one hell of a challenge! I'm going to add the game in in it's current state anyway, but let me know what you think.

Willoughby, no probs - but I hope you find them. And while we're on the subject of old files, I hope that rabbit game you were working on is nearing completion!

happinessSam, I have a feeling your file is for the Flash7 player!

Andross, love the new connect the dots game. Reminds me of the drawing games in WW:touched!

swcAndrew, I changed the info of your game to 'Count Down' since the other info ran off the screen. Let me know if you want it as something else?

Nic, I really should get that signature changed. I know it only takes a few seconds but the amount of free time I have a day is ridiculous! (It's a negative number). Btw, is there any chance you could make your validator Flash6 to stop flash7 games from loading?

jesserules, your description is still a bit too long I'll make some suggested changes and show you tomorrow.