A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Internet to cell phone text message help

Internet to cell phone text message help

How do you send a text message to a cell phone from the internet? I remembered I entered my email to a website to get updates to my cell phone via text message.
    Its possible but how do you do it? I heard it can be possible through flash>to PHP>to the cell phone. Does anyone have any links or tutorials I can check out for information on how to do that. Thanks!!

While I am no expert on the subject, I believe it is the same process as sending email. You format the user's phone number as an email address:

phonenumber@network.domain

For example:
    1112223333@verizon.com

Plug this into your email script and send.

I am not sure if in all cases a given network operator's text messaging server is accessible from the web. For some networks you may need to go through a gateway to get the message to the text messaging server.

I'll give that a shot. Thanks alot!!

Rrudy... did this solution work for you.

I cant see how that work as you would need to use a GSM (Cell/Mobile) Gateway to break the bridge from the web to each cell phone network in your country. Such as Verizon, AT&T T Mobile etc (or in the UK O2, Orange etc)

Quote Originally Posted by rrudy90020 View Post
    How do you send a text message to a cell phone from the internet? I remembered I entered my email to a website to get updates to my cell phone via text message.
    Its possible but how do you do it? I heard it can be possible through flash>to PHP>to the cell phone. Does anyone have any links or tutorials I can check out for information on how to do that. Thanks!!
    Hey Rudy,
    i am new 2 this, i was looking something up yet i come this n i do not know if this will help. i hope it gives answer 2 ur question. http://www.wikihow.com/Text-Message-Online
    gd luck,
    Joey