A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash cartoon "Target Practice"

Flash cartoon "Target Practice"

Did anyone know that the teenager that killed 8 people and himself earlier this week made a flash movie in 10/04 depicting the same thing?

The teenager that killed his classmates in Minnesota created a flash cartoon called "Target Practice" depicting the shootings a few months earlier.
    What he did was no doubt premeditated.
    He created this flash cartoon 10/2/04.
    http://newgrounds.com/portal/view/195194
    A few people have reviewed the cartoon.
    People are even reviewing his work after what happened in Minnesota.
    One reviewer said to him, "Umm... ok. Was that like a warning message? Hmm dude you need help badly."
    His response was, "Lol, you obviously can't tell the difference between Fantasy and reality. This cartoon was made for nothing more than Random violence, and believe it or not theres an audience out there that this appeals to. So don't try judging my Mental health based upon a simple animation, capisce?"

stuff like this is normally posted in the lounge...
    thread link

but yeah, its creppy...

Thx.
    I didn't know where post this but now I know.

5 time olympic gold medalist fiddlestick5's Avatar
    I heard about this on the news a few nights ago. Watching it was difficult given the context. I find myself shying away from working on my own inanely violent flashes… at least for a while. It seems sort of tactless... at least to me
    Last edited by fiddlestick5; 03-28-2005 at 03:07 AM.

u guys, don't bother starting up another thread about it. newgrounds all ready has like a 20 page thread about it thier forum. n who cares anyway? the flash was submitted way before he even thought about doing the high school shooting.

Originally posted by darkson01
    u guys, don't bother starting up another thread about it. newgrounds all ready has like a 20 page thread about it thier forum. n who cares anyway? the flash was submitted way before he even thought about doing the high school shooting.
    Yes, I realize this stuff is on Newgrounds, but I figured maybe someone didn't know about the teenager doing this flash and it's nice to get other viewpoints from other forums.
    Just an fyi.
    He made another cartoon called "Clown" for Halloween.
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/199857
    The animation and music is downright scary.
    Someone said this clown was from Stephen King's "It".
    Well, this "Clown" flash that he made was creepy too.
    You know a guy co-worker saw "Saw" last year and said it wasn't that scary.
    I could have slapped him (remember I'm female) when I watched "Saw" recently.
    I also didn't like "Seven".
    I don't care if Brad Pitt or Morgan Freeman was in it.
    I don't like scary/horror movies at all.
    I think I have one vampire movie in my dvd collection, "Bram Stocker's Dracula".
    I also have "Chuckie" but that's something I can stomach.
    Listen, I'll take "Shark Tales" or even "The Stepford Wives" over these horror movies any day.
    The scariest flash cartoon I'll make would probably have a fat, ugly housewife in curlers or something like that.

Originally posted by darkson01
    darkson01
    Doesn't the flash movie prove what he did was premeditated? (SP?)