A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use Proxus Video Component?

Anyone use Proxus Video Component?

Hi there,

I am desparetly trying to get the Proxus Video Component to play FLV files back, after paying $25 for it.

It works fine for manually entering the movie into the component, but when you use the comand they specify to load it in dynamically, all I get is flickering scrollbars, and a malfunctioning audio bar, and quite often an i.e crash!

Im using the code they suggest:

_root.player_mc.loadVideo("http://www.domain.com/movie3.flv");
    stop();

Anyone every come accross this problem before?

Any help in advance would be great!
    Scott Wright
    Dreamshock Design Studios LTD
    www.dreamshock.com

Create a buton with a instance name of "button1", "button2" put the name ofthe flv to be called, 1.flv. Make sure that the swf and the flv's are in the same directory.

//Proxus code

button1.onRelease = function() {
    Player.clearVideo();
    Player.setMedia("1.flv", "FLV");
    };
    button2.onRelease = function() {
    Player.clearVideo();
    Player.setMedia("2.flv", "FLV");
    };
    button3.onRelease = function() {
    Player.clearVideo();
    Player.setMedia("3.flv", "FLV");
    };
    button4.onRelease = function() {
    Player.clearVideo();
    };
    //Player.clearVideo();

thanks for your reply.....

Thanks for your reply, however the same problem still occured

It must be possible, as the example below allows you to load in a movie and it works perfect:

http://www.flvplayer.com/samples/sample_progressive.php
    Scott Wright
    Dreamshock Design Studios LTD
    www.dreamshock.com

If you have no luck with it, give my player a try...
    Last edited by Dene; 10-09-2006 at 06:53 AM.

Proxus products? is version 2 stable?
    I am looking for a customizable media player that streams/progressive downloads video and able to access an xml file for the video list.
    Proxus seems to have the product but I have seen a lot of "buyer beware"?
    Thanks
    Dale

Too many issues right @ this time. Wait for the long overdue update.

Thanks for the heads up stevec

P

I bought the Proxus player and have had nothing but problems, and of course they don't offer any support. I haven't tried any of the other players that are mentioned on this forum, but I just bought the eVision FLV Jukebox, so by the end of today I should know if I wasted another $50. Has anyone else tried this player?

eVision FLV Jukebox

Thanks dpaul999
    I am really interested to see you comments on the eVision FLV Jukebox.
    Dalerd

eVision FLV player seems to work just fine

I worked all night with the eVision FLV Jukebox and I was able to do everything that I really needed to do without problems. I had a few questions about customizing the player, which I submitted via their contact form, and I got a phone call from their technician this morning. I won't be done with this particular website for a couple of weeks, but it is a real relief to finally be done with the FLV component. I can't say whether this player is the best available, but I can say it gets the job done.

Thanks dpaul999
    I tried the demo and it worked pretty good, for the price it will fit in pretty good on the project I am doing. I emailed them asking if a text box can be incorporated with the xml video data.

Dalerd

They have a good component, evision and I am using it pulling in xml data..still testing. Well worth the price, and good support.

Steve

Last edited by Dene; 10-09-2006 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Would prefer not to be associated with the Proxus components

Quote Originally Posted by stevec
    They have a good component, evision and I am using it pulling in xml data..still testing. Well worth the price, and good support.

Steve
    Good support? That's full of ****... at least in the 2006. They ran and took all of our money...

wish I had read this before I wasted my money on the Proxus media pack. Honestly we should start a class action lawsuit on them.

Can anyone suggest an FLV jukebox that provides the same user frontend look and feel to Proxus ?

I need to have an xml populated thumbnail gallery that users can scroll through to select which video they want to play, frustratingly just like the Proxus product.

robbie, after I got screwed by Proxus, I did more research and found a player that is MUCH better than it, and has the same interface. It's called "ESA Flash FLV Player" (http://components.earthscienceagency.com/). There are two kinds, the progressive and streaming players (I chose streaming, since I don't really want the video to be auto-downloaded on visitors' PCs).

In short, after tweaking the look and feel, I put up a trial and it worked on the first shot. My questions were answered by them within a couple short hours. I was extremely impressed and I think it's a worthy investment for any webmaster who has to display flash video with thumbnails. Do check it out!!

Mark, thanks so much for your reply. I went ahead and paid for the ESA player, and while waiting for my download instructions I have already gotten the demo product up and running.

I have two more implementation hurdles to overcome but as of right now ESA is looking like its going to work flawlessly.

Thansk for pointing me in this direction and saving me the time, grief and money of going the Proxus route !

Hello,
    I bought this product too..... What an error !!!!!!
    Here's the problem. On Proxus's web page, the opening video buffers for a few seconds and then the video progressively starts to download. If you click on one of the videos to the right, the video area immediately changes, starts buffering and subsequently starts to progressively download. That's what I want MY videos to do.

I've been able to get the default video to buffer and then play progressively, however, when I click on one of my links to the right, the video area doesn't change and it also makes me wait for the entire FLV file to download before it plays...unlike the demo on Proxus's web page.
    Someone have a solution?
    If yes thank you !!!
    I have a headache

Cyril57,

I'm having the same exact problem! Huge headache as well! Has anyone figured this out??