A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 48 Hour Flashkit Competition BEGINS!

after 5, before 4 Location::~Location(){}
    I know this is crazy, but how about boosting the whole thing up another 48 hours? You don't have to worry about people making their games super good because some people will just be starting now and will have another 48 hours. If someone used up 96, well good for them but most people didn't have any time this weekend. It's a shame to see a really good topic but like 4 people participate. I was looking more at 20. So what do you say?

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    I say go for it i really dont wanna start the voting with just the games we have, i dont think it would really feel like a competition. Would the next two days be ok though? people might be working etc. i know im on school hols, but others arnt.

I wont be doing anything else on my game. except maybie fixing the bugs and adding sum details.

Ali

yeh sounds good, i think i could really make my game look a whole lot better with another 48 hours.
    If our body is a clock ticking away and if while we experience all that this world has to offer time has still continued to pass, are we living or just experiencing a slow death?

It sounds good! Then I can make my game sooooo super fantastic much better!!! Believe it or not, i have used maybe 5h total to make my game (Slice the bread). If i got another 48 hours, i could improve it like 500%! And man, am I tired of Jam! (Play my game to get it) I want to make more, like cheese, eggs, nutella, roastbeef and i want to make that toaster work!

Who's with me?

(Shout with me)
    We want cheese
    We want eggs
    We want nutella
    We want a working toaster
    Goooooo 96h competition!
    I don't have a photograph, but you can have my footprints. They're upstairs in my socks.

Do you find thats fair for the people who finished on time?

Lol, id do anything to see that toaster work, so i am

I dont think theres any reason to not extend it. I dont think anyone thats finished will really be that keen on spending another 48 hours on there game anyway, so that shouldnt be a problem.

I might add a shop to mine, and change the shooting gameplay a bit.

Ali

Edit: to be honest, i dont think it would be fair to not extend it. If we voted now, then whoever won probably wouldnt feel like they had achieved anything. i know i wouldnt. not because of the other games (i think evryones done really well) but because of the lack of choice.

it would feel a bit lame if one of us won after the low amount of entrants, i mean i was looking forward to going head to head with Dancing Octopus or Tonypa, just doesnt seems right having a comp without the big guns.

i think Ali is right about not wanting to spend another 48 hours on a game, i mean im knackered and my brain hurts so i wont bother, i will just make a few more tiles to make the game look a little more interesting and maybe add some sound effects and a sound loop.

I must admit though that extending the time maybe a bit pointless, maybe this could be a practice for use relatively inexperienced guys and we could hold the comp next weekend, hopefully then we will get some others involved. Obviously this all depends on whether Beatcow has the energy to host another comp.

I just think that having another 48 hours will not get anyone else involved, especially as they will be work days.

what do you guys think?
    If our body is a clock ticking away and if while we experience all that this world has to offer time has still continued to pass, are we living or just experiencing a slow death?

I must admit that i did think about sugesting another comp. but then i thought that a lot of peopel including myself would feel a lil cheated because we spent so long on our games (about 20 hours for me) and then it just means nothing.

What i suggest is continuing the comp to let people finish and maybie get a couple more entries, but then perhaps plan another one in about a months time or sumthing.

Problem with that is that there will be 2 winners and you cant have 2 48 hour champions.

Argh this is a mess. Maybie sumbody thats a lil less tired would like to clear this up.

Ali

Originally posted by alillm Problem with that is that there will be 2 winners and you cant have 2 48 hour champions.

Argh this is a mess. Maybie sumbody thats a lil less tired would like to clear this up.[/B]
    I'm definitly not less tired!

But maybe this could be like a warm up? But i think it shall still count! and there will not be 2 48h champs, but one 96h champ, and one 48h champ
    I don't have a photograph, but you can have my footprints. They're upstairs in my socks.

It is a mess, and I'm rather disappointed except hopefully more people will join and there might be another one during the summer.

Yea, its a shame it had to go like this i thought it would be great. I think that extending it is the only option really. At the very worst we will probably see some better versions of the few games we already have and thats somthing.

Summer comp is deff a good idea. only prob is that ppl are always gunna be off places and wont be able to take part, but it will prob turn out better than this one. And i spose there can be 2 champs.

Ali

Originally posted by alillm
    And i spose there can be 2 champs.

Ali
    Or a battle

ooooooo

And peopel could random shout themes that have to be included in the two champs games

Ali

ooooooo

And peopel could random shout themes that have to be included in the two champs games

Ali
    A battle would be cool

Lol, now i have to win the comp so i can be in the battle...or would randomly shouting thems be more fun...

Ali

Almost like art volleys............DING!! IDEA

Sometime this summer its going to be games forum vs another forum..hmmmm

what about the best in each category from both comps can have like a "48h VIP comp" to decide?

Originally posted by Beatcow
    Almost like art volleys............DING!! IDEA

Sometime this summer its going to be games forum vs another forum..hmmmm
    What about...

Games forum VS. XML forum ?
    (wonder who will win)

What about FK vs. were-here or some other forum?

edit: man, im even annoying myself with all these posts.. sorry guys.. will calm down on the posting..

Yea, that would be cool..

Beatcow what you mean? you mean like games vs art? how would taht work? or you mean our games forum vs newgrounds i think that would be the funniest thing i would ever take part in

Ali

Yea, that would be cool..

Beatcow what you mean? you mean like games vs art? how would taht work? or you mean our games forum vs newgrounds i think that would be the funniest thing i would ever take part in

Ali
    Oh man, against newgrounds that would be INSANE! We could have "I" (if you want) doing the hosting and a clan leader elected on both parts. Man then we would get super advertisement and Tom Fulp would probably have it on front page. Nice...