A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 48 Hour Flashkit Competition BEGINS!

Style Through Simplicity alillm's Avatar
    hehe, nice characters. im about to start on a background. i will post a screenshot og my game later when its too late for people to steal my ideas

Ali

sophisticated
    here are mines

hope I'll be able to finish this in time...

Originally posted by T1ger
    I became 18 yesterday, 1. April
    cool, I'm 18 today

doItLikeThis
    Best of luck guys :-)
    -Aditya

I've got what I think will be a good idea, but I knew I would be totally up against it due to other commitment this weekend. I was giving it a go when this happened:

this is the code (of the traces I put in to debug it)
    code:
    trace("Math.floor("+spaces+"/(100-"+this._height+")*"+y+")="+Math.floor(spaces/(100-this._height)*y)+", Math.floor(53)="+Math.floor(53))

this is the trace that came out:
    code:
    Math.floor(53/(100-5)*95)=52, Math.floor(53)=53

After seeing this I made a local variable to hold the (spaces/(100-this._height)*y) result and it still doesn't work. It's for a list box, and I could take the chance the user will probably never have 53 items in there (it was a random number I chose to test it), but that would be really shoddy practice. Any idea wtf is happenning?

Is this is Flash's way of telling me to not worry about the competition and just finish it in my own time?

Oh, happy birthday I-hoss!
    Last edited by happinessSam; 04-02-2005 at 09:37 AM.

Ok, heres the sneak peak of my game...it doesnt show any gameplay because there isnt any yet but you can guess what its about

game pic

Ali

You have some nice gfx so far Ali, good job keep up the good work.
    Andrew Webster
    Impressive Click

Originally posted by ihoss.com
    cool, I'm 18 today
    Haha I'm older than you:P hehe

Thanks adit_ya_sharma and alillm

i HAVE to start making a game soon...
    I don't have a photograph, but you can have my footprints. They're upstairs in my socks.

ive started over about three times, ive got a story but i just dont know what type of game to make.

im going to have to think of something soon.

looking forward to seeing some games.
    If our body is a clock ticking away and if while we experience all that this world has to offer time has still continued to pass, are we living or just experiencing a slow death?

@Kakihara

That's the same problem I had this mornin'. Keep it very basic, and try to add more gameplay and details later.

@Ali

Nice artwork!

Thanx people problem im having is thinking of scenery to add...i need about a minuet of scrolling desert for my game, and ive currently got about 10 scenery items to fill it with. it looks ok though.

Just need to finish off the level (theres only one that you keep playing, you will have to play to see what i mean) and then i can make some enemys and shooting mayhem

Ali

edit: and yes it does tie in with the theme

Originally posted by Beatcow
    I don't get how it's restrictive really.
    Hmm, ok I was a little crabby earlier (just realised I'd be working on a PHP script all day and would miss half the comp.)

Given some thought, I've come up with a cool idea. Still don't know if I'll have time though.

Argh, need to spee up

Just finished the level, but still no real game...im starting on the main buisness part of the game now.

Ali

... Just weaking up.
    I'm not shure if I did sleep last night, or at least I had my head going around this comp thing.

You're game looks pretty nice right now ali, and bauke's game looks fun. I think I'm going to have competition here (mmm... I think I just got what this all is about ).

My game is going ok right now, i finished a good part yesterday, I did the main things, now just a bit of copy and paste for the things i've already done, and some bunches of other things it needs.
    I liked my idea, i think the age will be quite clear and the product is something we all know and is something all people use nowadays. Anyway, won't reveal anymore, you'll know what you're competing against.

P.S. can anyone post a link of some other previous comp, just to see how the games basically are, like they are very short, too large, games of making score, of passing levels...

Thanx
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations

Patron Saint of Beatings WilloughbyJackson's Avatar
    Good luck everyone. I won't be taking part this time.

-pXw
    Who would have done something with the oldest business in the world. :P

after 5, before 4 Location::~Location(){}
    Originally posted by PhobiK

P.S. can anyone post a link of some other previous comp, just to see how the games basically are, like they are very short, too large, games of making score, of passing levels...

Thanx
    1st Competition: Topic was "Telephone Wires"

2nd Competition: Topic was "Flashkit Members+ Pucks"

3rd Competition: Topic was "Almonds"

4th Competition: Topic was "Bar"

Note: Most of the links won't work for the games since they are dating back a few years ago.

after 5, before 4 Location::~Location(){}
    Originally posted by gaming monkey
    Can it be a remixed version of history? For example, world war two and there's monsters and creatures fighting aswell or some other crazy idea, but it should be obvious what time period it is.
    Well then you really have to stress that the two time periods are coming together or something. And don't forget: Something must be produced!

Originally posted by T1GER
    But how clear and how long must the timeage be? Like, can it be as vague as "modern age"? Or does it have to be clear exactly which year it is?
    You'll have to be a tad more specific. That's why picking the "Present" time period is sometimes difficult since most games out there revolve around that time. Also it's not as creative. However, go ahead with it if you want.

Ooo, thanx Beatcow. (and don't worry about the topic, it is really amazing)
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations

I'm quite proud of what I've done so far, but the hard part is still to come. Going to take a break then get back to work.

im on a break too even though i cant afford one. ive been having problems with removeing movies. think ive just about got it sorted now though.

games starting to take shape, but still got all the enmy art and coding to do as well as finishing what im doing atm and adding sounds.

Ali