A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading swf's from a FLV timeline

Loading swf's from a FLV timeline

Does any one know how to load swf's when the flv's playhead reaches a certain time?

I have a 20 minute flv and I want to have individual swf's load at various times thoughout the presentaion next to the flv.

a little help

Quote Originally Posted by stevec
    Does any one know how to load swf's when the flv's playhead reaches a certain time?

I have a 20 minute flv and I want to have individual swf's load at various times thoughout the presentaion next to the flv.
    you could use cue points, all you have to do is set them on you flv instance add a name and time to them and then add a listener and ask it to perform an action when it listens to that cuepoint.

any questions lemme know.

Other option is to make enter frame listener and checking the actual time of the playing video. If it is in some interval you call some function you need ;-)
    PS: sorry about my English..

Except that that's about the most unreliable way to check the time of something in Flash. Cuepoints are the way to go...

Dan

One issue to consider is if your user can jump forward in the flv.
    If they do the cue points are missed and your swf will not update until the next cuepoint.
    I used if statements like[php]
    if((_ds.time >= 136.004) && (_ds.time < 167.267)){
    do this stuff
    }
    if(_ds.time >= 167.267){
    do this other stuff
    }[\php]

that way the appropriate event triggered even if the user jumped forward past a cue point. See it here where I use it to scale the video mask and reposition the video. The scaling happens as soon as you land anywhere within the right timezone in the flv.
    http://www.orangefilmworks.com/

Of course it the user can not jump around in the flv then cue point swill work fine