A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: IT'S CHRITMAS! will no one help me?

i ****ing hate macs. i just spent 10 mins typing an elaborate message only to press that peice-o-**** clear key they so conveniently placed next to the delete key, but oh well, here was the jist of the message:

ok, here's what my assignment is:

create movie controls for pre-existing movies.

here's what i need:
    pause: pauses movie in it's current state
    play: plays movies again
    previous: unloads current movie and plays previous movie
    next: unloads current movie and plays next movie

now what i have is a controls.swf file with all my buttons
    as well as movie files (scene0*.swf), which need to be loaded in the background.

using scripting how can i
    a. assign functions to buttons to a different movie clip
    b. resize movies being imported

please help me. i'm lost. it's my first day of action scripting and with this whole "mac incident" things aren't going my way. thanks peeps.

ps- how the hell can people type on these crappy keyboards, i must've made at atleast 100 typos in this message

Can you take one question at a time and describe the relationship between the movies in question? e.g. are they mc's on the main timeline or on levels etc. It's very hard to answer if these details are not known.

Originally posted by chewan
    i ****ing hate macs. i just spent 10 mins typing an elaborate message only to press that peice-o-**** clear key they so conveniently placed next to the delete key, but oh well, here was the jist of the message:

ok, here's what my assignment is:

create movie controls for pre-existing movies.

here's what i need:
    pause: pauses movie in it's current state
    play: plays movies again
    previous: unloads current movie and plays previous movie
    next: unloads current movie and plays next movie

now what i have is a controls.swf file with all my buttons
    as well as movie files (scene0*.swf), which need to be loaded in the background.

using scripting how can i
    a. assign functions to buttons to a different movie clip
    b. resize movies being imported

please help me. i'm lost. it's my first day of action scripting and with this whole "mac incident" things aren't going my way. thanks peeps.

ps- how the hell can people type on these crappy keyboards, i must've made at atleast 100 typos in this message

ok
    when you assign actions to the stage it's simple: play, stop...
    when you assign actions to movie clips, you need to give each mc an instance name. then: tell target,instance name, and the rgular basic action: stop ,play, got to..

you can put all your mc's on the stage, with their first frame empty and stop command at the first frame.
    they must have instance name as I said.
    when you want to assign action to a mc, you do it with tell target. set property command (visability, o= hidden, 1 =vissible)that the way yoou control mc's on one stage.
    if several mc's should work together, you specify them levels: 0 is the stage, the highest level (valu) will be on top
    hope I helped you. sorry for my bad english
    bye