A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 5-a-side football (soccer) site including video

5-a-side football (soccer) site including video

Hi again,

I know I have just requested a sitecheck on a different site, but I also would appreciate some feedback on this one www.croftersfc.co.uk - it is for my 5-a-side team and a project for a web-design course.

Again, all feedback welcome, including (constructive!) criticism and particularly where I could improve the site.

Thanks in advance, muchos appreciados.

Steve

Mr Snowman
    A drinking village with a fishing problem
    Being a Chelsea supporter I love the colors ;-)

On the serious side. I think any UK footy fan would feel comfortable instantly with the layout, movement, graphics etc. In short, being a die hard football freak and web designer, I approve.

I would ditch the effect on the players in the center. It looks weird, the graphic stands on its own, it does not need animation.

I would push the Slinx design logo down to the bottom of the page and make it smaller, it is naff to give your company. Better a picture of Didier Drogba.

The b-team center graphic and the follow on images looked way to dark

Other than that, good stuff
    Life is just a bunch of swf's

exclusive member ( V I P ) tiGRAN=-2001's Avatar
    try to narrow down the colors to around 5 principal colors, I think theres a lot of colors that could be eliminated to make a more pleasant look

man i got a headache looking at all that movement and colors, lol. seems very crowded and things are jumbled up. while i'm trying to read one thing on the bottom theres things up top and to the right twirling around and moving constantly...very distracting. i got lost a coupla times why is the main navigation not on every page?? some pages you have to back out a coupla times just to get back to the main navigation..like when your in the opposition profiles section. photos are blurry like in the goals scoring chart section, simple things that can be corrected like that make a world of difference....get familiar with the retouching tools in photoshop is my advice
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Whats going on with this site...... STOP THE MADNESS!!!
    JUST STOP THE MADNESS!!!!!
    chris davis

Hey guys, thanks for the replies...

From a design perspective, you have gone some way to reaffirming what I suspected, in some parts it is too busy and in other parts the navigation is unclear.

I am sure these deficiencies can be resolved without too much effort.

However, would you mind if I ask you specifically what you are referring to?

J-luv, when you say the photos are too blurry - do you mean at the top of the page in the goalscoring chart, or within the main swf?

Fallacy - your comment isn't too constructive. Do you mean that generally, the action is too busy? Or something else?