A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: my portfolio:)

my portfolio:)

please check out my site and if you can, please help me with the below question!
    thanks!

on my website i have my main menu, press one and you'll get the submenu.
    now on my submenu there is a slider below that indicates what client you are looking at.
    there is an indicator showing if you are looking at picture 1 or 3 (looks like this 1/3) but the way it is now ain't to cool.
    i was wondering if there is a way to put the number on the slider and make it update dynamically according to what picture you are looking at?

i hope you know what i'm talking about

http://mokuindustries.com

thanks for your interrest!
    martin

dont really know what you are talking about. However it is easy to asign numbers to variables.

when ever somone hits a different picture assign the number of that picture to a variable.

_root.mypicture = 1;
    _root.mypicture = 2;
    _root.mypicture = 3;
    etc...

make a dynamic text field and give it a variable name lets call it "picturenumber"

put this code into a movie clip.

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
    _root.picturenumber = _root.mypicture;
    }

that enterfame code means even thow you are on the same key frame it will continousaly keep running that code to see if anything has changed. In which this case the number in your variable will keep changing.

I like your work however i hope you dont think you are done. Loading up to a blank page... lets just go with a No on that one.

Also i dont really know from your portfolio what you are trying to get a job in? At least I assume it is a portfolio I dont even know that much for sure. All that needs to be spelled out on your home page.

Also do something else with your profile. Page of just text never very good.
    chris davis

im not a flash expert or anything. i actually suck at flash. been doing it for 2 years now and all i no basically is how to add keyframes layers, and basic basic stuff like that. dont no any actionscript. just use them from tutorials and stuff.

but im only 14 so give me a break.

i have to say that was some very nice site u got there.
    the first page was interesting but boring at the same time cause it had just plain text. add a picture or two. did u relly get ur leg choped of? and then u joined the army? wow...determination lol

thanks for the advice i'm trying it out right now!
    well, my leg didn't get chopped off, i was sewn with 38 stitches, basically from knee to my butt
    martin

I love your site. One of the best I've seen in a while. I'm not sure if you've updated the number/slider thingy, but the way it looks right now is perfectly fine.

I do agree with the above poster, the front "profile" page could use a small graphic or something. The copy is great though. Very few "profile" pages keep me interested enough to read the whole thing.

The only thing - I would work on making your "contact" page an actual page, not just a mailto link. I think people like that more nowadays.

Great work - enjoyed viewing your page !!